Who are the 2nd and 3rd best Middleweights we´ve ever seen in the ufc?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Obviously there´s no doubt who the number 1 is.
tumblr_mdo6d9WOFU1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

But in your opinion who are the 2nd and 3rd best MW we´ve ever seen in the ufc??? Here are a few options:

Weidman (3 title defenses)
Weidman-KOs-Silva.gif

Rockhold
giphy.gif

Romero
romero-ko-3.gif

Hendo (would he have become champ if Silva wasn´t so dominant in his reign?)
tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

TRT Belfort (What if it was TRT Belfort against Silva that day?)
vitor-belfort-rockhold-1.gif

Bisping (1 title defense)
0qdk6mr.gif

Franklin (2 title defenses)
111.gif

Thoughts?

Last edited:
2nd would probably be Canderson, 3rd would be Yoel

Bisping is no. 1. He lost wrestling matches to Sonnen & Kennedy. Has only been KOed by H-bomb and head kick.

IlliterateKeenIriomotecat.gif

Weidman should be lower

I'd go with Vitor and 'Topher Weidman. Hendo is up there too but I gotta put these other two above him personally.

I hate this question, cause none of them were really dominant.
Based on skill, I'll say Luke is 2nd and the Moose is 3rd.

If we're going by whole careers I would probably say Belfort and Henderson. Hard to pick anyone else out of the pack just based on UFC accomplishments.

The 2 best middleweights right now, Mousasi and Rockhold....
Pre usada,roiding,trt,Iv- then vitor,romero-jacare

Bisping, Weidman, Silva & Rockhold have ruled the 185 for so long.

#2 is Weidman, #3 is Franklin if we're talking all-time legacies. Romero and Whittaker have the potential to surpass these legacies, though this has yet to happen.

Franklin,weidman,bisping

I'm from the pre Franklin era and obviously a supporter but prime rich would get murdered by the likes of Gegard and Luke. If we're going by title defenses then things change cause Chris would be in the mix.Rich defended his title vs Loiseau and Quarry and beat Tanner to get title.Hes up there based on that he did continue to evolve after getting wrecked by Anderson.I loop him and Hendo together just based on there fight while they were both reaching the end of their prime.That fight couldve gone either way and most thought Rich won.

Silva vacated his spot as the GOAT and #1 MW of all time when he got popped for doping.

1. AS
2. Hendo
3. Franklin

*Rockhold could have been so much more if he wasn't an arrogant prick

Back