Angela Magana Trying to Sue Cyborg

La Elefante

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Has to be one of the biggest fails in MMA history. Cyborg would actually have a better chance winning a cyber bullying award than Mangina would of winning a "pain and suffering" claim. Any judge or jury would be disgusted by her attitude. Hopefully her lawyer makes a good bit of dough from her case though.

Whole thing is just odd.

A professional fighter losing their head and assaulting someone.

A professional fighter suing another, because they got into a scrap in public.

Grown-ass women crying about "cyber-bullying".

Grown-ass women who cheated their entire career and then when they get called a cheat they get butt-hurt.

Fucking embarrassing state of affairs.

So, if I'm getting this correctly, Cyborg punched Magana for insulting her on Twitter. If that's the case, Cyborg should absolutely be punished. If you get to punch someone for insulting you, what has the world come to?

Last edited:
I tend to agree with the way Brandon Vera describes this whole situation.

As Cyborg and friends did their fair share of trolling Ronda Rousey on social media, she can't really complain about somebody saying she looks like Jigsaw. Especially as she kinda looks like Jigsaw. I mean, Magana weren't lying.

So, if I'm getting this correctly, Cyborg punched Magana for insulting her on Twitter. If that's the case, Cyborg should absolutely be punished. If you get to punch someone for insulting them, what has the world come to?
Ask The Constitution for having a "fighting words" clause in it.

It happened in the US, it's not like there's a shortage of frivolous law suits.
You can sue anyone for almost anything.

Whole thing is just odd.

Grown-ass women who cheated their entire career and then when they get called a cheat they get butt-hurt.

Women.

So, if I'm getting this correctly, Cyborg punched Magana for insulting her on Twitter. If that's the case, Cyborg should absolutely be punished. If you get to punch someone for insulting them, what has the world come to?

>Sherdogger defending keyboard warrior who got IRL'd

Can't say I'm surprised.

Idk how they do things in Scandinavia, but there's only ONE rule on this side of the globe:

TqIEnYB.gif

>Sherdogger defending keyboard warrior who got IRL'd

Can't say I'm surprised.

Idk how they do things in Scandinavia, but there's only ONE rule on this side of the globe:

TqIEnYB.gif

I don't think you should get IRL'd for saying stuff on twitter. Or Sherdog. I don't even think you should rightfully be punched in the face for insulting someone IRL.

Although, if you're insulting someone to the face IRL, and you're insisting on doing so, even when being told to "back off, or else..." well, shit happens. Punches, too.

On Twitter you can block people. That goes for the interwebs in general.

Whole thing is just odd.

You are embarrising, howboudat?

tenor.gif

As Cyborg and friends did their fair share of trolling Ronda Rousey on social media, she can't really complain about somebody saying she looks like Jigsaw. Especially as she kinda looks like Jigsaw. I mean, Magana weren't lying.
Your point is valid and has been lost somewhere in this fiasco. In that pic, the resemblance between Cyborg & Jigsaw jumped out, easy to see. I think it's how strong the resemblance is what pissed off Cyborg so much. She takes a beating, people always saying nasty stuff about her but Magana is the one to get punched.

So, if I'm getting this correctly, Cyborg punched Magana for insulting her on Twitter. If that's the case, Cyborg should absolutely be punished. If you get to punch someone for insulting you, what has the world come to?
The whole punch is totally blown up because all the drama Magana spread. The vid, although you can't really see a lot, shows that it was a whole bunch of nothing.

When Kevin Lee talked shit vs Chiesa, Chiesa came at him, Kevin Lee threw a punch. Do you see Chiesa sueing Lee, or Lee sueing Chiesa. No because that would be ridiculous.

Magana started shit online. Cyborg confronted her irl about it. Magana kept talking shit. Cyborg threw a punch. If I go out on Saturday night I'll see 10 similiar situations, it's not like there will be 10 extra court cases on Monday.

Ofcourse it's wrong to solve things with violence blablabla, but this was't an assault from Cyborg on Magana without any instigation. This was Magana's only chance to get her name out again for a couple of weeks, because she has literally nothing else. Nothing.

And if it was Joanna instead of Cyborg, most of you guys would rally behind Joanna and agree with her.

The whole punch is totally blown up because all the drama Magana spread. The vid, although you can't really see a lot, shows that it was a whole bunch of nothing.

Cool, I trust you. Haven't seen the vid, only going by what I've gathered from reading about it here.

"If it's nothing, it's nothing, and you can't sue over nothing" - Kenny Florian

Has to be one of the biggest fails in MMA history. Cyborg would actually have a better chance winning a cyber bullying award than Mangina would of winning a "pain and suffering" claim. Any judge or jury would be disgusted by her attitude. Hopefully her lawyer makes a good bit of dough from her case though.
This won't help either:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/2...o-wasnt-surprised-magana-got-socked-by-cyborg

Nor was Zingano surprised to see Magana out and about in the aftermath.

“The crazy part too is that she was partying after,” she said. “She was so hurt she has a mild concussion, or whatever, her tooth was loose — now all of a sudden Cris knocked her tooth out and she’s sitting there saying she has this concussion, acute brain injury, whatever — but she was drinking, playing beer pong and dancing.

“It’s like, go to your room and fake it. Don’t fake it in the middle of everything.”

Cool, I trust you. Haven't seen the vid, only going by what I've gathered from reading about it here.

"If it's nothing, it's nothing, and you can't sue over nothing" - Kenny Florian
Here you go my friend. I mean, it's not like Cyborg put a beating on Magana like she does to all the other girls. Shit like this happens all the time. The Lee/Chiesa or DC/Jones brawl where a lot more reasons if you want to sue.

As understand it the truth is an absolute defence to any claim for pain and suffering. Perhaps there's an expert in Sherdog law who can confirm this?

The next question is did Magana say anything that was untrue?

Back