Death by 1000 uppercuts

Damn. There was a lot more than I could remember.

Glover is tough as hell man.

How can you even defend uppercuts, there is still place between your hands where they can fit.
You can't duck them, hard to block them.
I guess only by using lateral head MOOOOOOOOVEMENT

Jesus fucking christ. That was almost hard to watch

How can you even defend uppercuts, there is still place between your hands where they can fit.
"Blocking" an uppercut is rarely done because it's quite awkward. It's not really a thing. Control of distance and posture are probably more reliable methods.

Kind of turn turn the elbow in, Mendes did a perfect example as well as firing back a counter left hook on the same side when he fought Aldo a second time.

Damn. There was a lot more than I could remember.

Glover is tough as hell man.
Yes he is ..ALOT TOUGHER THAN GUS. Gus is tough but can NOT take a clean shot like Glover. FUK GLOVERS COACHES. Maybe Instead of Tough I should use the term DURABLE?

Movement/distance is key.

You could block an uppercut by putting one hand over your ear with your elbows slightly below your chin, but its super awkward in my opinion and isn't for everybody.

Great post.
Yes, uppercuts are hard to see - thats why the chin must be tucked.

"Blocking" an uppercut is rarely done because it's quite awkward. It's not really a thing. Control of distance and posture are probably more reliable methods.

Not standing still while your opponent tees off, and moving your head are pretty good defense as well. Gus is good at using his range so Glover didn't really have control of distance.

1x AJ punch = 1000 Gus uppercuts then

Glover ate too many of those... it was open season for Gus with those!!

Kind of turn turn the elbow in, Mendes did a perfect example as well as firing back a counter left hook on the same side when he fought Aldo a second time.

I'm not expert, but this is what I thought of as well.

You can block with your elbows like Rampage used to do.

Also if I remember correctly Tony Ferguson used to do it a lot when he was on TUF and his first couple of UFC fights.

Maybe someone can find a gif, I couldn't.

Back