The greatest MMA fight...

DWAYNEAMERICA

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
If we delve into the history of mixed martial arts in search of the answer to the question "what was the greatest mma fight" many of us will come up with different answers. For me the answer boils down to what impact the "fight" had on the global consciousness of the sport. What fight had the biggest and most lasting impact. Not just in the US or abroad...but worldwide.

This fight is my choice.

Not for it's reverence or importance, which was minimal...but because it was as close to a video game/action movie that we've ever seen, and it galvanized the belief in fans that anything is possible inside the ring/cage. It was a freak show fight between a hero and a video game level boss....and the hero won. It is still to this day an awesome spectacle to behold.

What is your most important mma fight?

Forrest/Bonnar is the greatest fight of all time and it saved the UFC

Just Bleed Importance:

200.gif

Forrest/Bonnar is the greatest fight of all time and it saved the UFC

I expected this fight to come up...I watched out live on Spike when it aired. It was a great fight, in the sense that it really moved fans, but it was not the kind of action movie-esque spectacle that teh stoic Russian fighting the monster was.

I was originally going to when I opened this thread, but the opening post was so bad it made the whole conversation irrelevant.

Yet you took the time to link a tired meme gif?

You're obviously not a dumb guy...just contribute to the discussion. I'm sure many would be interested in your opinions. I know that I am.

Pretty lame choice IMO. If you really want to go that route then Sapp vs Nogueira is a way more compelling freakshow.

Pretty lame choice IMO. If you really want to go that route then Sapp vs Nogueira is a way more compelling freakshow.

Another great choice...but I don't think that either of those fighters had/have the aura that Fedor has/had.

Yet you took the time to link a tired meme gif?

You're obviously not a dumb guy...just contribute to the discussion. I'm sure many would be interested in your opinions. I know that I am.

That took 5 seconds.

Your choice was just a thinly veiled Fedor-jerk-fest. Gracie-Gordeau or Gracie-Kimo establish your points at a much more sensible time in MMA.

IMO the only answer in terms of impact is Forrest/Bonnar, like a poster said above.

Another great choice...but I don't think that either of those fighters had/have the aura that Fedor has/had.
I just don't think this fight is competitive enough to be a great MMA fight. Sapp vs Nog is compelling because of how dangerous it feels and the fact that Nog really comes across as the underdog. HMC is out of his depth here. Still, I would probably pick a very even fight as the greatest ever.

That took 5 seconds.

Your choice was just a thinly veiled Fedor-jerk-fest. Gracie-Gordeau or Gracie-Kimo establish your points at a much more sensible time in MMA.

IMO the only answer in terms of impact is Forrest/Bonnar, like a poster said above.

Forrest/Bonner was only a big deal in the US.

Forrest/Bonner was only a big deal in the US.

Which is where the UFC has made almost all of it's money. Where almost all of the top teams have been able to develop. Where almost all of the top fighters now come to train.

Make an impact in the US, and the ripples will be felt throughout the world. Just the way it is bro.

I know it's not considered the best by most but Nick Diaz vs Diego is probably my all time favorite.

Back