Striker vs Kickboxer in the UFC

Paladin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What are the fundermental differences between a striker and a kick boxer?

E.g. Rumble and Overeem are strikers, Chuck Liddel is a kick boxer.

Take the UFC EA game for example, you have strikers, boxers, kick boxers, Mauy Thai, TKD, karate.. etc and I can't necessarily see what sets a "striker" apart from a kick boxer.

9Mk5BSi.gif

All of those are sub set of strikers and reem is a kickboxer as well. Sometimes striker is thrown around for someone that prefers to trade and isn't technical but more of a brawler.

Take the UFC EA game for example, you have strikers, boxers, kick boxers, Mauy Thai, TKD, karate.. etc and I can't necessarily see what sets a "striker" apart from a kick boxer.
Overeem is a kickboxer easy

All of those are sub set of strikers and reem is a kickboxer as well. Sometimes striker is thrown around for someone that prefers to trade and isn't technical but more of a brawler.
Gotcha ;)

So striker is an umbrella term that encompasses all those disciplines.

LOOK AT ME, YOU´LL LEARN!

b kickllss.gif b kungf.gif

HUH ?
A kick boxer is a striker only he uses feet,knees, and elbows unlike a boxer

Huh? kickboxers are strikers...

Both Overeem and Rumble are probably more kickboxing than boxing if that's what you mean

Are you sure you know what the word 'striker' means?

Striker = Non specialized stand up fighter with variety but no mastery(Typically is what it is used for)

Boxer: Stand up fighter specializing in hand strikes

Kickboxer: Stand up fighter specializing in kicks with solid basis in boxing used to set up devastating kicks

Nak Muay (Muay Thai Boxer): Kickboxer specializing in versatile elbow strikes, knees, and kicks with some boxing fundamentals

That is the best I can think to describe it

If Overeem doesn't qualify as a kickboxer then I honestly don't think anyone on the UFC roster does....

Are you sure you know what the word 'striker' means?
I asked because I did not understand the term fully. Now I have a better understanding... teach me sensi. Let me know,please. :)

Strikers tend to rely on strikes, whereas kickboxers tend to box with kicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back