Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
1. Yoel Romero
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Daniel Cormeir
4. Tyron Woodley
5. Khabib

Romeros wrestling is not all that great MMA wise. He gets taken down a lot and gets his td's stuffed. By having him at one you lose all credibility.
Khabib
DC
Jones
DJ
Cain
Your list is dog shit.

GSP
Khabib
Cormier
Maia
Gunnar

Frankie went 0 of 12 in trying to take down Jose Aldo.

Yeah but we're talking about Aldo here.
Aldo can stuff a top 5 wrestler.
Not taking Aldo down doesn't eliminate someone from the list.

P4p Frankie is up there.

Romeros wrestling is not all that great MMA wise. He gets taken down a lot and gets his td's stuffed. By having him at one you lose all credibility.
Khabib
DC
Jones
DJ
Cain
Your list is dog shit.
We both have 3 of the same 5 and my list is dogzjit?

Romero is easily the best wrestler in MMA right now. Sorry if you can't see that

Jones and Frankie were in mind it's hard to name just 5

Good list TS. A couple of others who are great MMA wrestlers:
Jones
Mendes
DJ
Frankie
Weidman

Yoel is the most accomplished pure wrestler. However, his MMA wrestling definitely isn't the best in the UFC.

We both have 3 of the same 5 and my list is dogzjit?

Romero is easily the best wrestler in MMA right now. Sorry if you can't see that

Jones and Frankie were in mind it's hard to name just 5
You are going based on credentials and not what happens in ring. He is not even the best wrestler in his division, the stats prove that. Instead of just going on what other people say watch fights dude. Ben Askren kills Yoel and Woodley in MMA wrestling. Woodley is not even top 50 when it comes to functional MMA wrestling.

Gunnar, really?

Yeah, I had a handful of people in my mind for that #5 slot. Although I'm really impressed with Gunnar's variety of techniques, I like the way he chains different takedowns together. Granted, he hasn't done it against a lot of stunning competition yet.

1.DC/Jones tossup at LHW for me
2.Khabib
3.GSP(IDK what he's like 2017)
4.Cain
5.Rockhold

Romero doesnt base his MMA around wrestling, so he might get taken down, but no one is holding him down. Period. He literally was toying with Weidman in the second round. There are levels and Romero is number one.

Cormier, Jones, Khabib, GSP, make up the rest of the list.

Yeah, I had a handful of people in my mind for that #5 slot. Although I'm really impressed with Gunnar's variety of techniques, I like the way he chains different takedowns together. Granted, he hasn't done it against a lot of stunning competition yet.
Maia has way better wrestling then Gunnar though.

Back