Gustafson fans need to face the cold hard truth...

DWAYNEAMERICA

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
The pinnacle of Gustafson's career is his loss to Jon Jones. Bitch about the decision all you like but the fact is that it was close fight and in a close fight a decision can go either way. In this scenario the decision went for Jones, and, in my humble opinion, was the right one.

Coming back to the cold hard truth, Gustafson has not shown anything that should convince anyone that he would/could beat Jones in a rematch. Even at his best he has sloppy footwork, sloppy striking and a complete lack of heart to overcome adversity. The man crumbles when it matters and that is a window into his mentality that has not changed.

If AG can maintain his comeback (which I personally doubt he can), or if he can just sit out waiting for the JJ rematch (which would be wise), I have no confidence that he will rise to the occasion. Nothing we've seen from him demonstrates a champion mentality. He just doesn't have the mental horsepower to "bring it" when it counts. Weak mind = weak competitor. If they ever meet again Jones finishes him within 3 rounds. I'm confident the betting odds, created by teams of experts, will confirm this likely outcome.

You're right. Lucky for Gus though, Jon Jones is a shell of his former self. Gus would beat him right now.

Rumble is retired. Gus' only threat is Daniel Cormier and Daniel Cormier has declined as well. Gus could very well be the best fighter in the division right now. Not because he's good but because everyone else has gotten old or taken too many drugs. Regardless of the embarrassing reasons, he might be championship material.

Who are you kidding man there is nothing humble about your opinion.

Meh, Jones footwork isn't any better and hi she boxing is absolute shit. It will be very close again due to Gus being a far better boxer and Jones doesn't have a 12 inch reach advantage.

He may not ever win a title, but to call him a weak competitor is just wrong. Even DC and Jones said that he was there toughest fights. He could very well beat either of them in a rematch.

Jones couldn't even finish OSP... How the fuck is he going to finish Gus now?

The only reason he is not champion is inconsistent judging.
And he is yet to pop for any PEDs.
That said Jon Jones is the LHW goat but Gustafsson can beat him, if you believe he has no chance then you are fooling yourself

I've always wanted to do one of these....

giphy.gif

Jones better be on his A game or Double Cheeseburger is beating that ass.

Jones couldn't even finish OSP... How the fuck is he going to finish Gus now?

A rusty Jones destroyed OSP.

The fact that there was no finish doesn't negate that.

Gustafson is so mentally fragile that he was on the verge of retirement not long ago. That speaks volumes about his heart and commitment to fighting.

If AG can maintain his comeback (which I personally doubt he can), or if he can just sit out waiting for the JJ rematch (which would be wise), I have no confidence that he will rise to the occasion. Nothing we've seen from him demonstrates a champion mentality. He just doesn't have the mental horsepower to "bring it" when it counts. Weak mind = weak competitor. If they ever meet again Jones finishes him within 3 rounds.
mug-throw-big-lebowski.gif

Oh and also...

o5ECfhL.gif

Do you have any understanding of the research that goes into the multi-billion business of running gambling orgs? No, obviously not. I do...I worked for a major betting org and saw first hand the science that goes into crating the betting lines that make money for these orgs.

If you want to be the most accurate fight predictor on Sherdog just follow the numbers put out by the bookies. They spend huge $$$ to know shit that you and I don't.

Do you have any understanding of the research that goes into the multi-billion business of running gambling orgs? No, obviously not. I do...I worked for a major betting org and saw first hand the science that goes into crating the betting lines that make money for these orgs.

If you want to be the most accurate fight predictor on Sherdog just follow the numbers put out by the bookies. They spend huge $$$ to know shit that you and I don't.
Too+bad+none+of+that+happened+_7363a58281e170def99a0f18ee1a7019.jpg

I'm not even a fan, but he's 30 with years ahead of him..

Has two bad losses against Davis and Rumble

Went to razor thin decisions with Cormier and Jones

Overrated

Lol this forum is a joke. Yet these same guys will go on about how Pride Lil Nog and Arona are some of the best fighters to ever exist

I think haters need to face an even colder hard truth...learn how to create your own success instead of thiving off of others downfall

Back