What causes more damage?

Gratis

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Getting knocked out cold (Rumble vs Glover) or getting your ass kicked for 5 rounds (Gus vs Glover) ?

getting your ass kicked for 5 rounds would be worse imo, getting KO'd is quick and you take minimal damage(most of the time). 5 round beatings dont even sound fun, never mind what it would feel like to live through lol

Having a reebok sponsorship is worse than both.

Look at it this way. Who took more damage, Cain when he got KOed by JDS quickly or JDS when he sustained a 5 round one-sided beating in the first rematch? I think that the answer is obvious.

There isn't a winner in either situation. I'd imagine both instances will cause long term damage to the fighter. I've seen studies done for both and how it affects the person.

look at forrest and anderson silva

not my favorite moment being a forrest fan but that fight ruined him

Bad example. You're basically asking what's worse, getting knocked out, or getting beaten the fuck up for 5 rounds, then getting knocked out.

Either way, I day the 5 rounds of getting beat up

None are good, I'd say what goes on in boxing is the worst. Getting concussed, standing up to get concussed again, and then maybe again for a third time in such a short span is a Michelin Star recipe for brain damage.

Prison rape.

From what I heard, it's much worse.

The 5 round beating, repeatedly having your brain hit the inside of your skull from blunt force is alot worse than having it happen once.

It depends, if it´s GSP's 5 round "beating", you should be fine.

9Mk5BSi.gif

Most of the deaths in combat sports due to head injury have been due to sustained beatings, not one hitter quitters.

Bad example. You're basically asking what's worse, getting knocked out, or getting beaten the fuck up for 5 rounds, then getting knocked out.

Either way, I day the 5 rounds of getting beat up

I guess it was, I mainly used it because it's relevant.

Getting knocked out cold (Rumble vs Glover) or getting your ass kicked for 5 rounds (Gus vs Glover) ?

Sustained brain trauma is far more damaging than a flash KO. It's the reason that the standing 8 count in boxing is widely considered the cruelest rule in athletic competition.

I feel like a sustained beating over 3 or 5 rounds takes a bigger tole on your mental health. While a single devastating strike has a higher chance to kill (MVP vs Santos).

I'd say the 5 round beating, but both are very bad for the brain. A KO blow to the head does a lot of damage

Back