Anyone feel Glover would do better in heavyweight

MURICA1776

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He is big and strong enough that I think his power would carry over and he still is dangerous for the takedown and has great bjj. Yesterday just showed how slow he really is and alot of these lhws would just be too quick for him.

Probably not but whats really left for him at 205

His chin can't handle those bombs, his HW debut would look like Maldonado vs Stipe.

No; look at how Maldonado took his blows versus how he took Miocic's.

Absolutely fucking not LOL

LHW is easily the worst division in the UFC. Hw is on the up and up with a lot of nice prospects.

It's close overall, but the top 3 (formerly top 4 with Rumble) at LHW is better than the comparative top 3 HWs.

LHW is depressingly top heavy. Gus, DC, and Jones are multiple tiers better than everyone else in their division.

He can't take heavyweight punching power (even Fabio couldn't take Stipe's power), and he won't have a speed advantage or anything.

Yeah he would do better, he would get KO'd in the first round instead of getting battered for 5 like he has been against the top 205's. It would be better for his health and less damage to his body.

Gus, not even the most powerful LHW, was more than enough to damage his skull

But you want Glover to get punched in the head by Stipe, JDS, Ngannou, Derrick Lewis, Hunt, Overeem, Nelson, Rothwell

Why you hate Glover TS?

He is big and strong enough that I think his power would carry over and he still is dangerous for the takedown and has great bjj. Yesterday just showed how slow he really is and alot of these lhws would just be too quick for him.
if he cant outgrapple LHWs...

I think that he should give it a try at heavyweight. He really is much too slow for 205.

Absolutely fucking not LOL

LHW is easily the worst division in the UFC. Hw is on the up and up with a lot of nice prospects.

who are these "lots of nice prospects" ?

no way, he doesnt have power to hang with heavyweights.

edit. whoops thought this was gus at heavyweight. meh glover wouldnt have much chance either lol.

maybe cut to middle weight?

Back