This 'running' tactic Gus uses can be exploited easy, Rumble already did

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Headkick him to the side he's running to. Against Glover he ran to his left the whole time, away from Glovers power hand. I kept on wondering why he didn't intercept Gus with a left headkick, it would've caught him on his tracks, with devastating results.

I can't find the gif of Rumble doing it, but he dealt with Gus by intercepting him with his left head kick when he tried to run.
Anthony%2BJohnson%2BCrushes%2BAlexander%2BGustafsson%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B14%2BStockholm.gif

Any kind of round attack is cutting the cage 101.

That's basic knowledge. Stop an opponent from circling? Through a round strike in that direction.

There were opportunities for Glover to strike Gus while Gus was turning back to face him after running, but Glover didn't chase.

Yeah, there's a reason you don't see high level pure strikers utilize this tactic. You're gonna get KTFO in a boxing or kickboxing match if you routinely turn your back on your opponent.

Yeah but poor Glover never learned much in striking other than plod forward with his left hook, overhand right, and cross counter.

Any kind of round attack is cutting the cage 101.

That's basic knowledge. Stop an opponent from circling? Through a round strike in that direction.
Yeah, but with punches they can be evaded easier, but it would've been a solid option too. Weird that Glover didn't do it with all the chances he got.

Yeah but poor Glover never learned much in striking other than plod forward with his left hook, overhand right, and cross counter.
He really moved in slowmotion yesterday, poor guy,

Rumble smashed the wannabe viking and made it clear who was the superior man.

Glover is just too damned slow. He couldn't catch him.

I hope so. He should have been DQed for cowardliness.

that gif is a thing of beauty. And pretty much what the other's said. Glover is too slow to chase Gus around. It's not an age thing either, cause DC can do it. It's just him being slow and Gus being fast.

Thank god Gus and his camp have Sherdog posters to help them out....

Jones had almost exclusively elbows, round kicks, and spinning attacks vs Gus because that's all Gustafsson gave him.

His lateral movement took away Jones linear based offense pretty well.

Has Glover ever utilized kicks?

Rumble smashed the wannabe viking and made it clear who was the superior man.

Vikings make me laugh. I will take a black man anyday. lol

Here are vikings coming to America:

that's rumble, if jon jones tries to do this shit, gus will eat his "powerful" kicks and laugh all the way to a TKO win. and DC can't kick for shit, so he has virtually no worries against the two best guys in the division

I always wondered why in mma i see a lot of guys running instead of pivoting or sidestepping?? that being said, Glover didn't catch Gus maybe because he didn't knew hot to cut him off.

Glover was simply too slow. He's been in too many wars and despite his insane resilience he's lost a step and looked flat footed and utterly one dimensional.

Back