Was anyone else depressed watching Glover getting beat?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I always liked Teixeira, good guy and always had a lot of heart going into fights (even when he lost.) So watching what Gus did to him was kinda sad. Yes there was some questionable things that happen during the fight but dude was trying hard to hang in there. He just seemed so different...

lol....it's fist fighting dude. welcome to reality

I just felt bad about his crappy pay. $65k show money plus $10k Reebok. At least he got another $50k for fight of the night. $125k total for an ass kicking isn't as terrible.

512e206fbb6ad999be376588d40784cdc422f9d8c2fdbbb67b75b3f9a8aaba56.jpg

giphy.gif

I always liked Teixeira, good guy and always had a lot of heart going into fights (even when he lost.) So watching what Gus did to him was kinda sad. Yes there was some questionable things that happen during the fight but dude was trying hard to hang in there. He just seemed so different...
512e206fbb6ad999be376588d40784cdc422f9d8c2fdbbb67b75b3f9a8aaba56.jpg

I was disappointed with his grappling... lame.

The thing is about toughness is that the only way to prove it to the world is by getting the shit knocked out of you.

Glover proved he's one of the top 3 toughest bastards in MMA. No dishonor in that.

I felt a little bad because it took forever for him to get to the ufc...had he came earlier he probably would have became champ...too late

I laughed actually, how could you not have any defence for an uppercut? Reminded me of DC landing multiple uppercuts on Gus.

Not depressed, but I did actually think that it's a shame that he had so much trouble with his Visa and such when he was first trying to sign with the UFC. Had he started in the UFC as a younger man, he's so well rounded I believe he could have been a champ.

Seems to be fading now. If he doesn't learn how to defend against right uppercuts he's going to fade a lot faster. That's two out of his last three fights now that right uppercuts ended his nights.

Meh.... it was actually pretty close at times...... I have seen far worse....I was actually impressed with glover.

Not depressed but you hate to see a guy take such prolonged punishment like that. Best just to get it over with like Rumble did.

I was happy to see one of my favorite fighters get knocked down repeatedly, broke his nose, had one eye and never once stopped walking forward trying to win for 5 rounds. I wasn't depressed, I was impressed. More like in awe of the heart he displayed.

I feel sorry for people like Sage who quit but nobody needs to feel bad for a warrior like Glover he is not a quitter so he will be fine. Sage on the other hand has one foot out of the closet and the other on a banana peel so I really feel sorry for him and kissing coach Mickey gall.

Back