How do you feel when you see Gus run away from his opponent?

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some people dont mind because its his strategy and often works. He did it against DC and did it against Glover last night. Some people are purists and hate seeing it. Some people understand why he does it (Because the cage is so big) but still think its kind of lame. I think its weak and not something I want to see from a champion.

How do you feel about a fighter who literally runs away in a fight?

I was laughing my ass off when it was happening...but the end result was Glover taking a nap so it didn't bother me

Well he would reset in the centre of the octagon so it wasnt a big deal. Running and refusing to engage is a whole different thing

Doesn't bother me, you can easily punish people for doing that if you have the skill and stamina, Gus was punished once while running.

Doesn't bother me, you can easily punish people for doing that if you have the skill and stamina, Gus was punished once while running.

This is true.

Was watching DC Gus again and Cormier wasn't having it so he chased him down and punched him in the mouth.

When Gus did it, he wasn't looking over his shoulder while he was running, so it really left him open.

It all depends on if you run away in panic for dear life, or just run for the tactical reason of getting back to the center from the corner.

Gus was always initiating when he got back to the center, so it's not like he was scared in that sense. Great fight.

I don't like it, makes him look bad.

Gus is more than skilled enough to not have to turn his back and run for his life.

Honestly when I was watching live I started laughing thinking about how triggered people were gonna get by it

How do you feel about a fighter who literally runs away in a fight?

Do you mean literally or actually?
I feel very annoyed that the misuse of the word literally has started to change it's actual definition.

As to Gus running away, I don't care he won by KO.

Gustafsson has been training with fellow Swede and Olympic Gold Medalist Stefan Holm.

The running turned me off. I went from being a Gus fan to being anti-Gus. It's a disgraceful tactic, and I hope in the future that judges will hold it against him. It's like Ryan Hall's flopping or Royler Gracie's butt scooting. In the Glover fight, Gus won every round but if there had been an even round I would have given the round to Glover, and in a close round for Gus I would call it even. It doesn't take much imagination to throw a combination, when you have a massive height and reach advantage, and then run when your opponent is answering back. Anyone can do it but few are so cowardly to employ the tactic.

A fighter can strike low, eye poke, hit behind the head illegally, punch after the bell, and kick a downed opponent once per fight and get away with a warning. I'm supposed to respect a fighter who does each foul once and doesn't lose points? Likewise, though not illegal, I don't respect Gus.

Is there a family connection between Kalib Starnes and Gus?

He didn't run away at all. Wtf r u idiots talking about?

How can you KO someone if you ran away from them?

He strategically avoided bad spots.

"I don't wanna see that from a champion"

Lol yeah ok bud.

The running turned me off. I went from being a Gus fan to being anti-Gus. It's a disgraceful tactic, and I hope in the future that judges will hold it against him. It's like Ryan Hall's flopping or Royler Gracie's butt scooting. In the Glover fight, Gus won every round but if there had been an even round I would have given the round to Glover, and in a close round for Gus I would call it even. It doesn't take much imagination to throw a combination, when you have a massive height and reach advantage, and then run when your opponent is answering back. Anyone can do it but few are so cowardly to employ the tactic.

A fighter can strike low, eye poke, hit behind the head illegally, punch after the bell, and kick a downed opponent once per fight and get away with a warning. I'm supposed to respect a fighter who does each foul once and doesn't lose points? Likewise, though not illegal, I don't respect Gus.

tumblr_llju73Thbh1qclvq3.gif

At least Conu was fighting a bigger guy with longer reach.

Gus was fighting a shorter guy with shorter reach and running away.
Dude, Conor was "running away" when he wasn't even being pressured, lol. Which was the only time Gus was doing it.

Back