Another One: UFC signs Korean Chan Mi Jeon at Strawweight

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
anotherdub-1449163518.gif

Seems like UFC is looking further into the Korean market, even after letting go the Asian country's biggest female martial arts star in Seo Hee Ham. Within a few days of Ji Yeon Kim's signing becoming official , UFC has signed current All FC flyweight (121 lbs) champion Chan Mi Jeon:
Chan_Mi_Jeon.JPEG

Tapology page: https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/139847-chan-mi-jeon

The 19 year old Jeon (Just 19 years old, Joe) is currently 5-0, with four wins coming by way of (t)KO. She will be facing JJ Aldrich (4-2) on June 10th at UFC Fight Night in New Zealand.
Jeon was announced earlier in the month to have signed with Invicta FC. Looks like she has now bypassed Invicta for the big league.

oh, and before all the wmma haters get in here to start bitching:
a0G0k_s-200x150.gif

Mmmm, your tears are so yummy!

this is why Mousasi can't get a fair offer.

smh

Sexy and legit. I'm down to see her fight.

this is why Mousasi can't get a fair offer.

smh
Mousissy can't get a fair offer because he can't focus on himself. Always whining about everyone else.

Her last win was against Megumi Yabushita who hasn't won a fight since 2010 was on a 7 fight losing streak and was coming off a 3 year break.

A lot of fighters have journeymen on their records. It was only her fifth fight.
Even in 2010 when she won her last fight Yabushita was considered a journeymen but at this point in her career Megumi Yabushita is so waaaaaaaay past shot that she is nothing more than a walking, talking human heavy bag. If Chan Mi Jeon you couldn't beat Yabushita then she seriously needed to rethink a career in mma.

With that said everybody has got to start somewhere.

anotherdub-1449163518.gif

Seems like UFC is looking further into the Korean market, even after letting go the Asian country's biggest female martial arts star in Seo Hee Ham. Within a few days of Ji Yeon Kim's signing becoming official , UFC has signed current All FC flyweight (121 lbs) champion Chan Mi Jeon:
Chan_Mi_Jeon.JPEG

Tapology page: https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/139847-chan-mi-jeon

The 19 year old Jeon (Just 19 years old, Joe) is currently 5-0, with four wins coming by way of (t)KO. She will be facing JJ Aldrich (4-2) on June 10th at UFC Fight Night in New Zealand.
Jeon was announced earlier in the month to have signed with Invicta FC. Looks like she has now bypassed Invicta for the big league.

oh, and before all the wmma haters get in here to start bitching:
a0G0k_s-200x150.gif

Mmmm, your tears are so yummy!

This is like back in the 80s when the Japanese bought up America. Now Koreans are hogging up the UFC. If I wasn't visiting my Korean massage parlor for some de-stress treatments, I would like start a movement of some sort...not a bowel movement per se as such.

Back