Be honest, how often do you forget that GDR is a UFC champion

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
man UFC, cut that division out. Every time someone brings up the fact that UFC currently has "3 female UFC champions" I always give a double take and think someone fucked up

UFC WMMA 145 is very forgettable. Plus she is ducking Cyborg and wants to fight at 135 again.

Neither Holly nor GDR fight at 145 and there currently is no 145 division.

THe 145 belt is just a result of panic match making and a lack of understanding of the sport of MMA.

Just consider that UFC has recently offered TJ Dillashaw a title fight at a weight class he's never fought at.

WME IMG obviously does not learn lessons very quickly.

Even if GDR and Cyborg do fight, and Cyborg wins, then what? Cyborg is just going to fight a bunch of women brought in for a one time fight or she'll fight 135ers coerced into "moving up" and then dropping back down? Cyborg being champion sounds just as senseless as GDR currently holding the belt.

Last edited:
1034192.jpg

man UFC, cut that division out. Every time someone brings up the fact that UFC currently has "3 female UFC champions" I always give a double take and think someone fucked up
This has happened to me dozens of times. First someone brings up the fact that UFC currently has "3 female UFC champions". Then I ALWAYS give a double take, and think someone fucked up. Maybe 50 times this has happened.

To forget it often you have to remember often

Of course I remember. She has basically cleaned out an entire division.

Never, I remember her popping HH after the bell like it was yesterday.

Actually the whole controversy with GDR's victory over Holm, plus Cyborg calling her out overshadows other female divisions.

I don't consider WFW a division until there are at least 16 fighters to form rankings. Thus, I don't consider GDR a champion because there's no division for her to rule.

Honestly, until this thread. I'm not one of those people who thinks I'm "too cool" for WMMA, but as @Defeat Unknown pointed out, there is no 145 division. With Holly fighting at 135 in her next fight, and probably for the remainder of her career, GDR and Cyborg are the ONLY 145-pound female fighters in the UFC. Since that fight doesn't seem to be happening any time soon, what's the point?

Seriously, I'd be a happy man if the UFC scrapped that whole side of the business and invested in more up-and-coming male talent. The odd superfight would be fine I guess, but as a rule WMMA is just utter crap.

I would go as far as to say I haven't tought about her once since she won the belt, until now....

Fuck you man.

Back