Robert Whittaker and Kelvin are the future of 185.

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
185 has always been filled with giant guys who are just ducking 205. With the recent success of guys like Kelvin, Whittaker, it seems that the giant weight cutting 185ers are starting to get older. USADA happened. Hopefully more welterweights just stop cutting to make 170 and just fight at 185. You will have the speed advantage and if your TDD is good enough, you can avoid being the smaller guy on his back. Think about how slow Rockhold and Weidman are when compared to Kelvin and Rob. I also think 170 has more technical fighters then 185 overall.

Last edited:
I can agree with this, I prefer to see healthy fighters going to war un-depleted by weight cutting.

Rockhold would beat both Whittaker and Gastelum.

The Chris is a toss up with either.

Both are future stars. Cant wait for Whitaker - Romero. If he lands one of them bombs. Its all over.

Kelvin for me is a true WW.

Stats wise he fits better in that division but he can't get a handle on his diet and weight cutting plan.

He will do work at MW too of course he is skilled and got to put a tad of size on him but he is more bloated then anything else.. his height, reach is less then the top guys and when it's a game of inches it's hard to give up physical advantages away so easy.

Last edited:
Assuming CSAC's new divisions are incorporated universally, Gastelum would have a perfect excuse to drop back down and go to the proposed 175 lb weight class.

UnhealthyVacantJaeger-size_restricted.gif

If Bisping can KO Rockhold, then I am 100% sure Kelvin and Rob can.

let's kill TUF though. i'm sure both of those guys would have been where they are right now without the show just fine!

Yoel will beat Whittaker
Weidman will beat Kelvin

They´re both good fighter, with excellent stand up, but it´s too early to tell if either will become a big star or champ.

Kelvin is essencially a WW who doesn´t take his diet seriously enough. And Robert did a good job against Jacare, but that doesn´t mean he can beat Romero, Luke, Mouse, Bisping, Weidman or even Silva.

We´ll see how it goes against Romero.

If Bisping can KO Rockhold, then I am 100% sure Kelvin and Rob can.

and if Wonderboy can KO Whittaker, then I'm sure Luke can do the same. A punch from any of these guys in the right place would KO each other, that's not rocket science man.

Just think people really sleep on Rockhold and even Chris just based on their most recent (Chris was doing alright vs everyone in his last 3 and he's legit faced the 3 best 185 lb fighters in his last 3 fights) fight(s).

Hopefully we get to see all these matchups soon.

I don't think so. Rockhold's chin was cracked and all that weight cutting gives him a glass jaw. I think Whittaker, Gastelum and even Hendricks beat Rockhold in a 5 round fight. I don't even know how he cuts to 185.

I think Kelvin murks Weidman in rounds 4 and 5... We all know Weidman is a 2 round fighter. By 4 and 5 he'll be gasping for air like a fat guy on a treadmill breathing through a snorkle.

I don't think so. Rockhold's chin was cracked and all that weight cutting gives him a glass jaw. I think Whittaker, Gastelum and even Hendricks beat Rockhold in a 5 round fight. I don't even know how he cuts to 185.

I think Kelvin murks Weidman in rounds 4 and 5... We all know Weidman is a 2 round fighter. By 4 and 5 he'll be gasping for air like a fat guy on a treadmill breathing through a snorkle.

Hendricks...who is as fat as ever currently? cmon, you're just trolling at this point

Either fighter could/would knock Rockhold out. The only adantages he has over Whittaker and Gastelum are his kicks and his top game. Takedowns aren't his strength, and his boxing is easily the worst among the top MWs- and his defense......

I wouldn't be so sure that Rockhold would beat any of them.

Either fighter could/would knock Rockhold out. The only adantages he has over Whittaker and Gastelum are his kicks and his top game. Takedowns aren't his strength, and his boxing is easily the worst among the top MWs- and his defense......

I wouldn't be so sure that Rockhold would beat any of them.

his kicks are good enough to not allow either Kelvin nor Whittaker do much to him and if they choose to grapple with Luke, they will lose. Luke is the best grappler at 185.

Just funny, he got complacent in 1 fight, a rematch in which he destroyed the opponent the first time, and now everyone thinks his chin is gone and his defense is awful.

You guys are so quick to trash someone after every loss. It's amazing

his kicks are good enough to not allow either Kelvin nor Whittaker do much to him and if they choose to grapple with Luke, they will lose. Luke is the best grappler at 185.

Just funny, he got complacent in 1 fight, a rematch in which he destroyed the opponent the first time, and now everyone thinks his chin is gone and his defense is awful.

You guys are so quick to trash someone after every loss. It's amazing
I wouldn't say so, his boxing and defense generally isn't that good. In the majority of his fights, he throws left kicks with his chin right up, and when he becomes aggressive he charges in with a left straight and still... his chin is up there. Watch any of his UFC/Strikeforce fights, you will see his non-existent defense when punching.

As for his kicks, they are nice; especially the bod kick. However I would expect that both would circle away from them, Whittaker would stick and move; Kelvin would push forward and try and bully Luke.

But I don't think either of them would choose to grapple with Luke lol, maybe he isn't so good from bottom position, but he is great from top position. I would still say Jacare is the best grappler though. If Luke tried to grapple with Jacare, he would lose.

Back