Eye Poke - Ruling - Glover vs Alex

NokaoiMMA

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Gets poked in eye. Ref says, can you see? Hurry up!. Calls Doctor. Doctor asks can you see. Glover says, not really. Ref says, hurry up, can you fight. Glover says uhhh, yea i can fight. Ref asks doctor if eye is injusred. Ref says no. Ref tells glover again, hurry up and waves fight on.

WTF was this?

I dont remember the doctor even pulling out his flashlight to inspect the eye. Didnt put his finger up and make his eyes follow it, like a dui.

I could hear Alex's corner screaming it was a punch. Was the ref influenced by this?

By the way, this site still sucks because the mods let anything go in ufc discussion and allow trolling from accounts over 3 years old. Oh, and the pop up ads are shit. Pop up blockers dont even work on half the bullshit

Read it as Doctor pulled out his Fleshlight.

I'm not re-reading.

eye pokes are allowed unless ur black. just look at the stats. black fighters always get called for fouls way more
Look at what stats? Are we supposed to dig through FightPass and record all the eye pokes, then perform a race-based regression? If you want to talk stats, give us a stat or two.

And I don't even disagree with your premise.

Gets poked in eye. Ref says, can you see? Hurry up!. Calls Doctor. Doctor asks can you see. Glover says, not really. Ref says, hurry up, can you fight. Glover says uhhh, yea i can fight. Ref asks doctor if eye is injusred. Ref says no. Ref tells glover again, hurry up and waves fight on.

WTF was this?

I dont remember the doctor even pulling out his flashlight to inspect the eye. Didnt put his finger up and make his eyes follow it, like a dui.

I could hear Alex's corner screaming it was a punch. Was the ref influenced by this?

By the way, this site still sucks because the mods let anything go in ufc discussion and allow trolling from accounts over 3 years old. Oh, and the pop up ads are shit. Pop up blockers dont even work on half the bullshit
While I agree that he was definitely rushed getting back into the fight, go back to reddit asshole we don't want you here

Gus pokes dudes in the eye more than Jones yet doesn't get called out for it at the same level. I wonder why

WTF was this?

... what pop-ups? all I have is a basic U-blocker and i never see any ads... are u on ur grandson's laptop? u should return it he might have an essay due tomorrow, ya old fart!

Look at what stats? Are we supposed to dig through FightPass and record all the eye pokes, then perform a race-based regression? If you want to talk stats, give us a stat or two.

And I don't even disagree with your premise.

I hope someone with lots of free time does that. It would be interesting to know the data.

Lol paranoia is what you call assumptions based on centuries of experiences? This is not the place for idiots that like to play dumb. Oh, wait, it is..

Yes, there is obviously systematic and institutional racism in the UFC, just like in boxing . Happy?

While I hate the foul. Its a fight and with open gloves happens way to much.

fingers2.gif

Hes not even trying to hide it.

hELEK52.gif

fingers4.gif

I wish more fighters would just claim they couldn't continue after eye-poke and get NC.

Why? Because majority including promoters and officials do care only about stats / results. If you have stoppage by ref, then nobody would ever care about what happened in between.

But if fighters would all go "I can' continue"-mode - it would produce many NCs and everybody (fans & promoters) hate NCs. And then officials will be forced to adapt the rules and protect fighters against eye-pokes. For example ban repeat offenders for one year like for banned substances and we will rarely see another eye poke ever again

I heard the ref say "no it was a poke. Watch it"(referring Gus's corner Yelling "it was a punch" to look at the big screen) so he wasn't influenced by them. They actually shut up once they did look at the replay.

The real problem was the "Dr", who repeatedly said "no, u have no time" when the ref told Glover he had 5 minutes. I don't know who that doc was or who trained him....maybe things are different in Sweden

Back