GDR says she wants to fight at BW again.

Grijswaarde

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I hate the "breaking" threads but i guess this one is...

She just posted this in Dutch on Facebook (see below), i tried to translate as good as possible but i am not a translator, sorry for any (grammar) mistakes, did my best :) Even translated the kilos to pounds. You're welcome.

--
Dear all,

It has been a while since i posted something. But because of all the commotion i feel the need to say something and to clear things up (if possible).

It's absolutely not the case that i am unaffected by everything said. I'm also a human and also have feelings. Even though i am always positive in life these comments affect me more than i hoped. The positive ones but also the negative ones.

The fight between me and Chris Cyborg was offered to me last year in november. Even then i had my doubts but i still accepted the fight. Chris Cyborg turned down that fight because she couldn't make the 66 kilos (145 lbs) in 12 weeks time. A month later the was visited by USADA and didn't pass their test. You all know the rest of that story.

The reason to turn down this fight now has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with me being scared. I have the opinion that if you want to do top sport you do this without stuff than can influence your muscle mass. Me, as a top sporter, always trained hard, always watched my diet and dedicated 18 years of my life to this sport without even using one supplement that was not allowed.

Everyone has his or her opinion on this and that is ok, but it bothers me that people think they know what my reasons are (for turning down this fight).

I work fulltime on irregular times which takes up a lot of time. There is also a lot unclear about my hand. I have an appointment with the doctors on june 14th and then will be decided wether or not i will be operated or not. So i also have to take that in consideration since there is a big chance my hand will be damaged and i would not be able to use it optimally.

During the negotiations for the Holly Holm fight i have said that i wanted to go to my natural weight class of 61 kilos (135 lbs). My task is not done there yet.

The UFC told me this would be no problem and i could return to my natural weight class. This is what i am focussing on right now.

When i was 18 and fell in love with martial arts i had one goal. To share my love with others who have the same love voor martials arts as i have. This is my goal and always will be my goal.

I want to thank everyone who always supported me en still supports me in good and bad times. You guys rock. For all the haters: too bad!! The ironlady is far from done.

"DIE WITH MEMORIES, NOT DREAMS"

https://www.facebook.com/germaine.derandamie?fref=ts

Edit: it is a private post, so you have to believe me on my word i guess.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

wnfyyiakckla7hs0ptqb.jpg

incredible.

It's actually the reason why I'm so against TJ going down to fight MM for the 125 belt. If he doesn't plan on staying at the weight class, what's the point of having a champ that will immediately abandon the class?

Wow...

How can one respect that ?

The UFC did a shitty job vetting her for the inaugural. Or she's just a complete phoney.

What's that...

You say you won't fight Cyborg ? Whom has already been chosen to be the first opponent against which a defence will be attempted ?

Hey guys...I really don't think GDR should be involved in the inaugural. She ain't defending, if she wins.

This fuckin stinks.

The more I read. The more I think it's epic bullshit.

In regards to GDR...It would be impossibru for her to regain any cred back, in my mind.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Lol, they gift her a title and she stills runs away from Cyborg. LMAO.

Lmao, the 145 division literally has 0 fighters rn

It's actually the reason why I'm so against TJ going down to fight MM for the 125 belt. If he doesn't plan on staying at the weight class, what's the point of having a champ that will immediately abandon the class?

This is even worse because it is a new division. Just give Cyborg the belt, imo. Unless she can't fight due to suspensions.

This is even worse because it is a new division. Just give Cyborg the belt, imo. Unless she can't fight due to suspensions.
Nah, nuke the site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure.

Long fancy way of saying she's afraid...Iron Lady my ASS!!!

20170303081744_09_1DX_9426.JPG

Good luck, Bellator has a tight hold over her.

Coker is known for his loose contracts, but you're right, lol. Bigger BWs will move up to FW, similar to how LWs moved down to FW in the men's division when WEC merged.

Back