Teixeira looked good until Gustafsson eye poked him in the first round

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Teixeira clearly had trouble seeing those jabs and uppercuts after the eye poke. The outcome of the fight would've been different had it not happened. I lost all respect for Gustafsson after last night. I guess he learned a few things from Jon Jones.

he had trouble landing some bombs coz gus is running away from him
But no i dont think glover could beat gus that night even if the eyepoke didnt happen.he was just too slow.moves like a robot

Last edited:
The more logical question is why doctor continued the fight when Glover said he could not see. and why the f*** he didn't get the time off

pretty sure he didnt.

also nobody gives a shit if you " lost respect " for him, you fucking girl.

The more logical question is why doctor continued the fight when Glover said he could not see. and why the f*** he didn't get the time off

I was drinking, and likely went for a quick smoke when the fight was stopped. Did he actually say to the Dr. that he couldn't see ?

And if the ref stops a fight for a foul. You get 5 mins. Did he say he was ready to go before 5 mins ?

I didn't see that break from start to finish. So, I can only guess. I'll have to catch it on Fight Pass when I can.

Yeah, Glover said "no" when the doctor asked him if he can see. But he immediately said that he wants the fight to continue and they just restarted the fight. It was very weird.

I was drinking, and likely went for a quick smoke when the fight was stopped. Did he actually say to the Dr. that he couldn't see ?

And if the ref stops a fight for a foul. You get 5 mins. Did he say he was ready to go before 5 mins ?

I didn't see that break from start to finish. So, I can only guess. I'll have to catch it on Fight Pass when I can.
Yes he said that he could not see but will fight. And doctor allowed the fight to continue.

He didn't get shit, Goddard was forcing him to continue fighting after eye poke and didn't gave him any recovery time, that eye poke was very nasty though

Yes he said that he could not see but will fight. And doctor allowed the fight to continue.

He didn't get shit, Goddard was forcing him to continue fighting after eye poke and didn't gave him any recovery time, that eye poke was very nasty though

Wow...

Yeah i noticed that too. Another example was RDA vs Ferguson.

I don't know why he didn't get time off, but he said "I'm going to fight" to the doctors. In the corner he complained about not being able to see I think.

I'm not sure if it affected the outcome of the fight, but Alexander needs to fucking STOP pawing with his hands. He has long reach as it is. You never see great strikers like Aldo or Mcgregor do that, and they're both pretty short.

The unified rules only give you 5 minutes for a nut shot.

Most refs go slow calling the doc and waste time to allow you to recover from a poke. Not this one though.

The fight looked the same. Gus was keeping his distance, throwing one or two shots and circling out. Glover plodded forward, throwing with flat feet and missing. After the eye poke it was just more of the same.

Teixeira clearly had trouble seeing those jabs and uppercuts after the eye poke. The outcome of the fight would've been different had it not happened. I lost all respect for Gustafsson after last night. I guess he learned a few things from Jon Jones.

He's been doing it as long as Jones has and more frequently than Jones . He didn't learn it from jones

Back