Who else was really impressed with Peter Sobatta yesterday?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dude has been looking really good in his last few. He was absolutely on fire yesterday. I could see him cracking the top 15 soon and maybe even top 10 if he keeps having performances like he has been. I was so impressed with him yesterday.

I think a fight vs Matt Brown would be a good test for both men. Or maybe a fight vs Leon Edwards

What are your thoughts on Sobatta?

I've been impressed with Sobotta in his last few fights.

Deceiving UFC record, he's much better than it.

I don't think it's so much that Sobotta was so good. More like Saunders has a glass jaw these days and can't take a shot.

He's aight.

The hef should've let them bang tho... I thought Saunders still had some scrap left in him.

It's crazy where he's at now. I remember watching him get chewed up by Amir Sadollah and thinking "we're never going to see this guy again". Guess Amir was right though, remember him saying in his post-fight interview that Sobotta was young and that we would see him again.

Sobotta looked really good. I like the idea of him vs Matt Brown. That would be one exciting ass match.

I don't think it's so much that Sobotta was so good. More like Saunders has a glass jaw these days and can't take a shot.
Ben loooked soooooo slow and telegraphed yesterday... it was sad to see... I like him, but time to hang it up

I've been impressed with Sobotta in his last few fights.

Deceiving UFC record, he's much better than it.
Agreed, he did have a pretty bad loss to Noke not super long ago though. He's clearly much much better than his 1st UFC run.

Sobotta looked great, but part of that was that Saunders can't even throw a proper jab and was already ko'ed a few times.
Let's see how he looks next time after having a broken hand.

Sobottas corner was terrible though. Cringeworthy.

I was. Now give him Omari Akhmedov

I was. Now give him Omari Akhmedov

That is a good matchup. Book it for the Gdansk card in October.

Minus the Noke bout (which may be an outlier), Sobotta has looked really impressive during his second UFC stint.

Since his last fight with Dalby it really opened my eyes up to how good he's become. He can go far I think, crack the top 10.

Ben has sick knees in the clinch and great jits but he is below shields in the striking department

Agree with the Leon Edwards fight, makes good sense, will be exciting and the winner can push for a top 10 opponent next.

He looked sharp as hell, best of his career IMO. From where he debuted, he's a totallydifferent fighter.

I picked him to win, but I certainly didn't expect that level of mollywhopping. He has some crisp boxing, and Saunders was just eating straight after straight. To his credit, he neutralized Sobotta on the ground, but it ultimately didn't matter. The whole second round was just one prolonged beatdown. I'm looking forward to Sobotta, with the right match-up he can produce an exciting war. Reminds me of Masvidal, but meaner.

Back