Is there anything objectively wrong with running away?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm not even a Gus fan and was rooting for the old slow underdog in Glover, but it seemed to work very well for him, why are so many giving him shit over it? Is it just because it doesn't look good? If that's the case I will actually have to defend Gus and say that once again #AestheticsAreNotRealFighting ie. it doesn't matter if something looks bad if it works, the proper tactics to use in a fight are what let you win. :D

giphy.gif

Because Sherdog is filled with fratboys and bros that buy into the "stand and bang" code of honour. The audience that prays for "just bleed fights" and declares any ground game as "lay and pray" as well as insisting it's homosexual and cowardly. You know the kind of people that obsess over every interview to work out who is in whose head. The brohims that will overanalyse every press conference and weigh in for body language. The guys that rate every female fighter, fighter's girlfriends, and even models as 6 out 10 at best, despite the fact that they have a thirst greater than Africa in the real world. The people that pore over every training photo and religiously watch every weigh in because they can spot steroids from a mile off. You know, the ones that obsess over the bodies of adult male fighers while throwing in gay slurs and homophobia into every other post. The beta males that go around (ab)using the term 'cuck' at every opportunity and declaring other men that have dedicated their life to cage fighting as overrated beta males and can crushers should they lose a fight.

Because Sherdog is filled with fratboys and bros that buy into the "stand and bang" code of honour. The audience that prays for "just bleed fights" and declares any ground game as "lay and pray" as well as insisting it's homosexual and cowardly. You know the kind of people that obsess over every interview to work out who is whose head. The guys that rate every female fighter, fighter's girlfriends, and even models as 6 out 10 at best, despite the fact that they have a thirst greater than Africa in the real world. The people that pore over every training photo and religiously watch every weigh in because they can spot steroids from a mile off. You know, the ones that obsess over the bodies of adult male fighers while throwing in gay slurs and homophobia into every other post. The beta males that go around (ab)using the term 'cuck' at every opportunity and declaring other men that have dedicated their life to cage fighting as overrated beta males and can crushers should they lose a fight.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Because Sherdog is filled with fratboys and bros that buy into the "stand and bang" code of honour. The audience that prays for "just bleed fights" and declares any ground game as "lay and pray" as well as insisting it's homosexual and cowardly. You know the kind of people that obsess over every interview to work out who is whose head. The guys that rate every female fighter, fighter's girlfriends, and even models as 6 out 10 at best, despite the fact that they have a thirst greater than Africa in the real world. The people that pore over every training photo and religiously watch every weigh in because they can spot steroids from a mile off. You know, the ones that obsess over the bodies of adult male fighers while throwing in gay slurs and homophobia into every other post. The beta males that go around (ab)using the term 'cuck' at every opportunity and declaring other men that have dedicated their life to cage fighting as overrated beta males and can crushers should they lose a fight.
<{JustBleed}>

Yawn.

Yes, there is something objectively wrong with running away. How do I know that? Because MMA fighters have been warned and disqualified for that very thing before.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
giphy.gif

I think its hilarious u kids talking about Shercatter. u wouldnt say this stuff to him IRL, hes JACKED. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

Yes, there is something objectively wrong with running away. How do I know that? Because MMA fighters have been warned and disqualified for that very thing before.
Or you could argue that the referees were wrong for doing that...

Running away = real (practical) fighting

Trying to stick to aesthetic fighting =/= not real (practical) fighting

Nothing wrong with it. Just dont expect people to praise a fighter who needs to run away to reset the situation. Thats why I dont like the octagon. Its nearly impossible to force someone in a corner and work on angles. They just run away when someone tries to.

He followed a lot of the "runs" by resetting in the centre and attacking.....didn't bother me too much. Fighters will develop a response to it if it keeps happening e.g. Chase them down and attack the back. Running is a risky move if not executed well.

It's kinda frowned upon and it's understandable why

Conor and Overeem did it too and got shit all over for it so now it's Gus' turn

It might cost Gus on the scorecards if he fights for a title again.. It's something he's gotta correct

A few things for Gus to work on in the meantime is the fingers out and the turning and running.. If he can fix those, he's good to go IMO

As long he don't get

giphy.gif

good for him if work

To me, "running away" to reset is different than turning your back (which is not intelligent defense) or running away continuously to avoid the fight.

I think a smart ref can distinguish among those situations and make an intelligent call.

Or you could argue that the referees were wrong for doing that...

Running away = real (practical) fighting

Trying to stick to aesthetic fighting =/= not real (practical) fighting

Yes, you could make that argument. We're all free to make retarded arguments.

or or or, maybe his opponent should do something about it? nah that makes to much sense.

Because footwork, head movement and actual defense are more impressive. People tune in to watch skill--not running.

Yes, you could make that argument. We're all free to make retarded arguments.
It's a fight, not a wushu forms contest.

I think I'm actually a converted Gus fan now because of the unfair hate over this, will root for Gus to keep kicking ass by running in future fights against guys I'm not a huge fan of in particular at least.

WAR "The Running Man" Gustafsson!

It's a fight, not a wushu forms contest.

I think I'm actually a converted Gus fan now because of the unfair hate over this, will root for Gus to keep kicking ass by running in future fights against guys I'm not a huge fan of in particular at least.

WAR "The Running Man" Gustafsson!

He beat a broken, over the hill Glover Texeira. 'Kicking ass' is hardly how I'd describe it. Maybe you need to calm down.

To me, "running away" to reset is different than turning your back (which is not intelligent defense) or running away continuously to avoid the fight.

I think a smart ref can distinguish among those situations and make an intelligent call.
Yes! Most of these people are ignorant and likely have never fought. I used to do it all the time in boxing to keep using my reach. I wasn't scared and i didn't turn my back but I sure as hell didn't want to get put in a corner when I have jabs and crosses all day on a shorter opponent.

Back