Kareem Abdul Jabbar Wore Goggles Because of Eye Pokes; Practical or Impractical Idea for MMA?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
Not even sure if they'd be legal. EDIT: This is not a troll thread, though it's actually not a bad idea for one. I just wasn't thinking clearly. I've decided to leave the question posted even though it's a dumb one because I'm liking a lot of your responses.

Last edited:
Do you know how much that would hurt your orbital region getting punched in the face with goggles on....

Of course not dude. Instant broken orbitals from the focused point. How about a shin to the goggles?

This is probably a troll thread

I thought it was because he was swimming in more pussy than Magic Johnson.

Of course not dude. Instant broken orbitals from the focused point. How about a shin to the goggles?

This is probably a troll thread

while that's true...he won't get eye poked!

Jon Trenge wore them at Lehigh, division 1 wrestler who had a torn retina. He was best 197 pounder ever to not win a title, his freshman year he beat Mark Munoz, whom was a senior and won the title.

If you were fighting somebody with. Bad cardio their exhalation could potentially fog them up.

Then you have to deal with a greasy sloppy opponent and decreased visibility!

I say test them out in the smaller weight classes that claim they get no respect. That should silence their tiny little mouths.

How about a vinyl shield over the face and the "mohawk" region of the head?

"It looks like his protective goggles have been wedged inside his orbital bone, Mike!"

no.

if anything was to be changed it would/should be the gloves.

Bilateral_periorbital_ecchymosis_%28raccoon_eyes%29.jpg

"It looks like his protective goggles have been wedged inside his orbital bone, Mike!"
"My name is Jon Anik"

"No no no. I'm calling you Mike. I call Dave Scholler Jon Anik."

Knights of old wore body armor to protect themselves from swords and arrows....practical or impractical for MMA?

Well to be honest, you might be on to something for the amateur/smoker circuit. Boxers wear head guards. Smoker level Muay Thai have shin guards.

Problem is wearing all that protection gives you a false sense of safety. When I wore head guards I found I was letting myself get hit alot more. Also fucked up my peripheral vision.

LOL. Imagine all the cases of goggle glass/plastic being shattered by a punch/kick and embedding into a guy's eye. What a horrible idea.

Back