who wins between Ngannou and Overeem?

toonami24

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both big guys, probably the guys with the most finishing power at HW. Who takes it and how?

Ngannou's best hope for a top 5 win is Werdum IMO. He isn't ready for Reem/Cain/JDS.

Overeem by some tactical running spinning shit in the first

CsDA1NfUAAAZJNw-768x442.jpg

It's HW. At this point if they fought 10 times I think they'd each win 5. Ngannou could easily starch him but Overeem is crafty and so much more experienced that he'd be able to find ways to win. Coin toss on any given night they fought. In a few years I'd easily favor Francis but at this point in time it's a toss up.

A chinny HW who still has the power and skill to sleep anyone on the planet? Yeah, that's the opposite of a safe bet. 9 of his 11 UFC fights have ended by KO/TKO. 5 in his favor, 4 not.

Yep, flip a coin.

Ngganou is just a hw. All he does is hit hard. Nothing special about it and i dont see him ever being top 5.

Reem will most likely take it via TKO mid fight.

Francis would have just a punchers chance, 10-15% alright giving the chin on Reem and the omfg power on Francis it will take even a non fully connected punch to mess him up so raise it up to max 20% but most likely Reem won't be near anything and will out class him at this point in their careers.

Francis doesn't have much teqhnique and experience he is improving fast but he has a long round to overcome while Reem has seen it all and when it comes to striking he knows whats up he was playing on a different level in that JDS fight for example and JDS is way better boxer then Francis.

These guys are gonna be in trouble once Francis gets in the mix

A lot of these hws are on there way out, and have taken a lot of damage

I think Francis catches Overeem and knocks him out

Ngganou is just a hw. All he does is hit hard. Nothing special about it and i dont see him ever being top 5.

In terms of prospects he is an interesting one.. way better then say Lewis.

He has little to no wear and tear on him, age relative okay-ish for HW standards.

Very big, very strong yea I know that can be said about half of the HW division but he also has speed, athleticism for a 260 lbs dude he was moving well in and out wasn't dragging his feet slumbering around like many HWs do.. he even had half a spring/bounce going on.. he is more athletic then most it's clear and on fight night he comes anywhere between 255-265 lbs and with no fat on him, in shape bodied up to the max not half assed like many other HWs do it.

Would like to see him tested vs a higher ranked grappler.

In terms of prospects he is an interesting one.. way better then say Lewis.

He has little to no wear and tear on him, age relative okay-ish for HW standards.

Very big, very strong yea I know that can be said about half of the HW division but he also has speed, athleticism for a 260 lbs dude he was moving well in and out wasn't dragging his feet slumbering around like many HWs do.. he even had half a spring/bounce going on.. he is more athletic then most it's clear and on fight night he comes anywhere between 255-265 lbs and with no fat on him, in shape bodied up to the max not half assed like many other HWs do it.

Would like to see him tested vs a higher ranked grappler.
Good points for sure. I'm not saying the guy is a bum, just that if he was as destructive at say MW it'd be different and he'd stand out. At HW he is athletic for sure, but i view him as the poor mans Cheik Kongo. I also think Kongo is more athletic and would smoke Ngannaou.

Now seeing how the HW division is i mean he's the only breath of fresh air right now besides Lewis who(like you said) is pretty meh. He's definitely the best prospect right now, i just wish he was a Cain or Lesnar level prospect with a special skill set or talent or some kinda attribute besides hitting hard at HW where everyone hits hard. When Cain was new it was obvious he had unparalleled cardio and damn near unstoppable wrestling etc. When i look at Ngannou its like eh...looks athletic, punches.....nothing to see here.

Im with ya let him get tested against like Barnett, maybe the dude has freak TDD and ground defense and can force everyone into a standup fight. They say he's fighting JDS next tho.

Back