You guys are overrating Gus

Sharingan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Gus has a huge reach advantage over Texeira. This is what made those uppercuts, hooks, spinning elbows work. If you're the shorter fighter with less reach, no way in hell do any of those strikes connect.

Glover also had no way of cornering Gus. He didn't have the clinch or wrestling game and Gus straight up turned his back and ran away half the fight.

Gus looked good this week because it was a good match up for him but I'd still favor Jones, Cormier, and Rumble.

Rumble is smoking some weed
Let him not bang, bro

one eyed Tex couldn't see the combos coming.

Love it when Gus gets overrated.

Undertaker-lose-Lesnar-Wrestlemania-fan-reaction-9.gif

Teary-eyed pseudo-retirement incoming.

gus was already exposed against DC but i must say he impressed me yesterday although i knew glover would get exposed

if he didnt beat dc/jones the 1st time he wont do it the 2nd time because he was better then than he was now

So he's overrated because he has reach advantage?

<{MindBrown}>

Btw did you see him vs Bones?

Gus would destroy every LHW if he learned how to circle. His hands, grappling defense & motor are too good. Until then he'll stay on the cusp. Can beat Jones because of the match-up, could go either way, but won't beat DC.

Gus would destroy every LHW if he learned how to circle. His hands, grappling defense & motor are too good. Until then he'll stay on the cusp. Can beat Jones because of the match-up, could go either way, but won't beat DC.
poke and run will not work against jones

He did what jones does, only better in every way.

No, he's amazing cuz he landed a couple of good shots in losses to jones and Cormier

Gotta love sherdog.

Before the fight "Teixeira is a very dangerous opponent", "The fight could go either way", "It's a test for Gus"....after the fight "Gus is overrated", Teixeira is an over the hill fighter" and so on, and on and on....

People saying "X will be champ!" after a fight are not as bad as people saying "Nah. He is still shit!"

And we get tons of both on here.

Apart from Gus, the rest of the top 5 right now is Manuwa, Jones, DC and Texiera. Gus ko'ed two of those guys and had close decision losses to the other two (one a split decision, the other controversial). He's not being overrated: he is neck and neck with two other great fighters in Jones and Cormier and it is very likely he could be champ at one point. Be happy that there are actually good matchups to be made at LHW.

I wouldn't say he's overrated but I will saying people are acting like Gus doesn't also look good but chokes when he meets 1-2 in the division.

Not expecting him to win the belt, ever but he'll hang around till he misses another shot at the title and contemplate retirement again.

So he's overrated because he has reach advantage?

<{MindBrown}>

Btw did you see him vs Bones?

Man..what year was that Jones Gus fight again??

It's like that fight has no expiration date for most folks here. It was a good performance at the time but that fight wasn't last month...or even last year.

Back