Why I can't be a fan of Gustafsson

hardcoreBE

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Eventhough most of you don't care (as you shouldn't) but this is still a discussion board according google, so here we go.

I just finished watching the Gustafsson/Glover fight and I can't deny the talent of Gustafsson but I really don't understand how come he has such a big fanbase. Probably because of the Jones fight. But Gustafsson does everything what Jones does, the only difference is that Gustaffson is praised for it while Jones is hated.

The fucking running away, I mean what the fuck? When Jones or Conor does it, they are scared, it's called pathetic. When Gustafsson does it, it's called beautiful footwork....

The eyepokes and the extended arm with the fingers out... Jones get shit about it all the time, when Gustafsson does it all the time almost no one mentions it. In this fight you already had the horrible poke in the first round, but even after that Gustaffson kept extending his arm fingers pointing to Glover's face. Especially in the first 2 rounds each time Glover came closer and rushed in, you saw Gustafssons fingers going to the face, each fucking time. I was baffled he didn't get another warning or even a point deduction. I'm not saying he does it on purpose, or that he poked Glover all the time, but he might as well could have. It's like trying to kick a guy in the groin 10 times, only landing once and just get a warning because well yeah it only landed once. Just silly.

And then the blatant fence grap in round three to get his takedown. It was one of the more blatant fencegrabs for a takedown I've saw this year. He immediatly grabbed the fence, tripped the leg and pulled Glover down. The ref and the commentators didn't even mentioned it.

I was never an Alex Gustafsson fan, mainly because of the way he behaved after the Jones fight and the second big reason is because he has imo one of the most annoying fanbases in the whole of MMA. But sometimes a fight can change my opinion of a fighter. Sadly, this wasn't the case. Props for Glover, he showed great heart but sadly I think father time is catching up with him.

To round this rant off, I love Dan Hardy as a commentator but he was horrible last night. People talk about Rogan sometimes being biased but this was on another level. Especially in the Rezza vs Silva fight.

Gus brutalised and then finished an incredibly tough fighter in Glover, that's why i love watching him fight, and so should you.

The fucking running away, I mean what the fuck? When Jones or Conor does it, they are scared, it's called pathetic. When Gustafsson does it, it's called beautiful footwork....
What're you talking about...? Everyone is hating hard.

There's a lot of threads giving him shit for the eye poke and I never heard anyone calling his running as "beautiful footwork"...

The majority of the threads right now are giving him shit besides the victory.

In future ref should hit the tricep w/ cattle prod when he sees a fence grab.

Are we going there again?

Is that you tyron?

In my defense I am also a huge Conor fan. Also, Gustafsons eyepoking is way less prevalent than Jones.

Gus brutalised and then finished an incredibly tough fighter in Glover, that's why i love watching him fight, and so should you.
Like I started my thread, he's a very talented fighter. He's been in some great fights too. Although the fight against Jan was a stinker (which Gus was the reason for).

There's a lot of threads giving him shit for the eye poke and I never heard anyone calling his running as "beautiful footwork"...

The majority of the threads right now are giving him shit besides the victory.
Dan Hardy stated it multiple times during the fight.

Like I said, this is a rant, you guys shouldn't care. :)

TS literally 7 of the top 15 threads on the first page right now are besmirching Gus lol

Eventhough most of you don't care (as you shouldn't) but this is still a discussion board according google, so here we go.

I just finished watching the Gustafsson/Glover fight and I can't deny the talent of Gustafsson but I really don't understand how come he has such a big fanbase. Probably because of the Jones fight. But Gustafsson does everything what Jones does, the only difference is that Gustaffson is praised for it while Jones is hated.

The eyepokes and the extended arm with the fingers out... Jones get shit about it all the time, when Gustafsson does it all the time almost no one mentions it. In this fight you already had the horrible poke in the first round, but even after that Gustaffson kept extending his arm fingers pointing to Glover's face. Especially in the first 2 rounds each time Glover came closer and rushed in, you saw Gustafssons fingers going to the face, each fucking time. I was baffled he didn't get another warning or even a point deduction. I'm not saying he does it on purpose, or that he poked Glover all the time, but he might as well could have. It's like trying to kick a guy in the groin 10 times, only landing once and just get a warning because well yeah it only landed once. Just silly.

And then the blatant fence grap in round three to get his takedown. It was one of the more blatant fencegrabs for a takedown I've saw this year. He immediatly grabbed the fence, tripped the leg and pulled Glover down. The ref and the commentators didn't even mentioned it.

I was never an Alex Gustafsson fan, mainly because of the way he behaved after the Jones fight and the second big reason is because he has imo one of the most annoying fanbases in the whole of MMA. But sometimes a fight can change my opinion of a fighter. Sadly, this wasn't the case. Props for Glover, he showed great heart but sadly I think father time is catching up with him.

To round this rant off, I love Dan Hardy as a commentator but he was horrible last night. People talk about Rogan sometimes being biased but this was on another level. Especially in the Rezza vs Silva fight.

How can you be so blind you dont see all the Gus hate threads going on here? He gets a ton of hate and you just decided to ignore it for some reason, probably so that you could justify one hate thread more.

You're obviously focusing on the wrong things TS. You're talking as if you are the only one mentioning this. I suggest you start reading the forums before posting. He gets a lot of shit on here.

That's an elaborate way of saying you don't like white people.

Criminal. Cheater. Have no interest in watching him fight, regardless of performance.

TS literally 7 of the top 15 threads on the first page right now are besmirching Gus lol

How can you be so blind you dont see all the Gus hate threads going on here? He gets a ton of hate and you just decided to ignore it for some reason, probably so that you could justify one hate thread more.

You're obviously focusing on the wrong things TS. You're talking as if you are the only one mentioning this. I suggest you start reading the forums before posting. He gets a lot of shit on here.

I wanted my own rant thread. And it's not a hate thread. The thread title states 'Why I can't be a fan', not 'Why should no one be a fan'.

That's an elaborate way of saying you don't like white people.
Lol, yeah you're right, although I'm quite tanned now after a sunny weekend, I'm still pretty white.

I'm sure he's crying down his hot girlfriend's cleavage.

That's one thing he will probably never run away from.

I dislike Jones for his disingenuous personality, intentional cheating, refusal to accept responsibility for his actions, lying, mocking fans, and basically lack of remorse.

As a fighter, I have no real issues with how Jones fights with one exception; his eye poke threats are and were intentional. He has admitted that he was using that tactic and bending the rules to his favor to win.

Otherwise, yes the two fighters have similar game plans. I would say that Gus has adopted some things from Jones after their encounter. That is probably a smart thing seeing as Jones is one of the best MMA fighters of all time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back