Gus V DC

gazbones

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Why does no one complain about the decision in the Gus v DC fight? It was clearly way closer than Jon v Gus. There's a reason why it was a split decision, DC prob got the nod due to octagon control and aggression even though Gus was outstriking him for 3 rounds yet all I see on this forum is that stupid hospital pic of Gus and Jon as if Jon wasn't on a stretcher due to kicking Gus' head off his neck.

Jon vs Gus was way closer.

Dc vs Gus was a great fight but DC clearly won it. Hench less complaints

No it's because DC doesn't have quarter as many miserable haters as Jon. Re-watch the fight and come back to me, I guarantee you it's galaxies closer, in fact, I had Gus winning that fight.

DC only clearly won rounds 1 and 5. In the middle rounds Gus was slightly better, but it is very difficult for a challenger to get scored 3 competitive rounds in a row in his favor. One judge still did, which should tell you there is a real argument for it.

DC only clearly won rounds 1 and 5. In the middle rounds Gus was slightly better, but it is very difficult for a challenger to get scored 3 competitive rounds in a row in his favor. One judge still did, which should tell you there is a real argument for it.
Every time I watch it I score it the same:

RD1 DC
RD2 Gus
RD3 Gus
RD4 Draw
RD5 DC

DC and Jones beat the hell out of Gus and Gus beat the hell out of DC and Jones.

Idk why people can't leave it at that for 2 great LHW title fights.

Gus clearly lost both fights. The DC fight was closer. The Jones fight was a clear 3-2. People were just suprised that Gus' performance was better than they expected. Gus just isn't good enough to beat Jones or DC.

Every time I watch it I score it the same:

RD1 DC
RD2 Gus
RD3 Gus
RD4 Draw
RD5 DC

I think in round 4 its easy to forget how clearly Gus controlled the first half of it. He won significant strikes in that round by a clear margin and there was no grappling in that round, so round 4 should be relatively clear round for Gus.

I think in round 4 its easy to forget how clearly Gus controlled the first half of it. He won significant strikes in that round by a clear margin and there was no grappling in that round, so round 4 should be relatively clear round for Gus.
Hmm. I haven't watched it in awhile but I remember that DC rallies enough as the round goes on to really even it out.

Gus clearly lost both fights. The DC fight was closer. The Jones fight was a clear 3-2. People were just suprised that Gus' performance was better than they expected. Gus just isn't good enough to beat Jones or DC.

Gus's worst matchup is against Rumble. He would lose to Rumble if they fight again.

Hmm. I haven't watched it in awhile but I remember that DC rallies enough as the round goes on to really even it out.

True. DC did better the last half of the round and ended the round better. But Gus won the first half of the round with a bigger margin.

Back