My Beef

Brock Tober

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Glover was obviously done, but he wasn't totally out. Why was it not ruled a TKO? Is there no criteria?

Was it a Swedish KO?

I see that a lot and it's my beef.

It's like saying a guy tapped out when he actually got choked unconscious with no tap. Both are sub finishes, but one was a tap and the other was not.

It's the MMA equivalent of fake news.

Walk away KO, better than normal KO

Gus walked off..... thats an automatic KO in my book

I dont give a fuck what anyone else says lol

First of all, a TKO is when the ref stops/waves off the fight, and a KO is when the fighter is unconscious or otherwise unable to properly defend him/herself. In this case, Glover was out, you could see it in his eyes, so it was properly ruled a KO (Punches).

And as far as submissions go, when a fighter taps, it's a submission. When a fighter doesn't tap and the ref is forced to intervene because of a broken bone or the fighter is unconscious, it's a technical submission. When a fighter doesn't tap and the ref intervenes because the fighter yells or groans or makes some other ouch sound, it's a verbal submission.

ufn-hunt-vs-bigfoot-media-gallery_14.jpg

I've always viewed KOs and TKOs the same in MMA

In boxing and kickboxing, there's a clear difference. In MMA, I've seen so many mislabeled I don't care to list

And as far as submissions go, when a fighter taps, it's a submission. When a fighter doesn't tap and the ref is forced to intervene because of a broken bone or the fighter is unconscious, it's a technical submission. When a fighter doesn't tap and the ref intervenes because the fighter yells or groans or makes some other ouch sound, it's a verbal submission.

Yes, that's my point, finishes not being called what they are.

that was a knockers point blank

Gus walked off..... thats an automatic KO in my book

I dont give a fuck what anyone else says lol

Remember when James Irvin did that but Mario told him the fight was not over?

james-irvin_hector-ramirez1.gif

Fuck, I can't find the gif with the soccer kick.

You know what happened anyway.

Irvin had such potential. I truly loved watching him fight.

I´m with you TS. When they gave Volkan a tko instead of a ko victory, I was like...
giphy.gif

Irvin had such potential. I truly loved watching him fight.
Me too... I think we've spoken about this before - dude had it all except for control of his own demons.

That overnight decline was tough to stomach.

Lol guy in the black shorts didn't even throw a jab that is the weirdest thjng I have seen he just moved forward.

Glover was obviously done, but he wasn't totally out. Why was it not ruled a TKO? Is there no criteria?

Was it a Swedish KO?

I see that a lot and it's my beef.

It's like saying a guy tapped out when he actually got choked unconscious with no tap. Both are sub finishes, but one was a tap and the other was not.

It's the MMA equivalent of fake news.

Meet your god, ts.

lol.gif

Lol guy in the black shorts didn't even throw a jab that is the weirdest thjng I have seen he just moved forward.
He tried to fake a jab first and then load up a cross, but Irvin had already started to counter, and when he realised was was coming, he froze in anticipation and his punch uncorked...

Ese boxing, homes. Hector Ramirez was a glorified street brawler, and fought like he was jumping a kid into his gang.

Back