Marc Goddard let me down today, his explanations make no sense.

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

Marc Goddard says one the doctor makes a no injury call, the fighter must go on or its over. Furthermore, fighters who receive eye pokes cannot receive a 5 minute time out except groin strikes. Yet, HOW MANY times have we seen fighters get a time out for errant eye pokes? Marc, who I consider one of the best refs, was off his game today. Him letting Gus outstretch his fingers in front of Glover's face was inexcusable, and he kept missing the fence grabs..

whats he gona do call the headlining fight a NC in the first fking round?

i dont know the damn rule but if its true its only 5 minutes for a groin kick (seems wrong) glover did say he could fight and they restarted it

i was confused by that too. I've never seen a ref tell a fighter they don't have any time after clearly being poked in the eye. Not wearing my tinfoil hat but it came across as a little shady since it was against gus in sweden

I thought that might have been the case.

I know we've seen fighters get time for eye pokes but I don't remember if when it happens that they got five minutes specifically...just some time at all. I'm gonna trust the referee on this one...especially Goddard the GOAT.

what a dumb rule

whats he gona do call the headlining fight a NC in the first fking round?

i dont know the damn rule but if its true its only 5 minutes for a groin kick (seems wrong) glover did say he could fight and they restarted it

Newbie, hush down. Watch some more fights before you comment

As I posted in another thread earlier today, there is no 5 minute rule to recover from an eye poke foul. It's low blows and maybe strikes to a downed opponent, and that's it. The rest is at the discretion of the ref, so if anything, Goddard acted properly according to the rules and other refs are more lenient.

I thought that might have been the case.

I know we've seen fighters get time for eye pokes but I don't remember if when it happens that they got five minutes specifically...just some time at all. I'm gonna trust the referee on this one...especially Goddard the GOAT.

They've always received time. Goddard acted way too fast to call the doc IMO

Marc Goddard says one the doctor makes a no injury call, the fighter must go on or its over. Furthermore, fighters who receive eye pokes cannot receive a 5 minute time out except groin strikes. Yet, HOW MANY times have we seen fighters get a time out for errant eye pokes? Marc, who I consider one of the best refs, was off his game today. Him letting Gus outstretch his fingers in front of Glover's face was inexcusable, and he kept missing the fence grabs..

Well, he's saying it was a foul.

SO WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU DEDUCT A POINT?

As I posted in another thread earlier today, there is no 5 minute rule to recover from an eye poke foul. It's low blows and maybe strikes to a downed opponent, and that's it. The rest is at the discretion of the ref, so if anything, Goddard acted properly according to the rules and other refs are more lenient.

Fence grabs and and letting Gus fingers out the majority of the fight? I can't think of a fight where the red DIDN'T give time to an eye poke

If anything, that was the issue, yeah. Otherwise it's all normal. But Glover didn't seem mad about it either.

Except. "I can't see, but I'll fight" when issued with an ultimatum by Goddard and the doc

LOL so new best strategy is to just poke someone in the eye right off the bat.

Except. "I can't see, but I'll fight" when issued with an ultimatum by Goddard and the doc
True.

One was enough to do the job. And I'm a Gus and Glover fan. I just not a fan of bullshit
Well when it's accidental(I guess they usually are though huh). I can't recall an eye poke ever getting a point deduction right off the bat. Maybe with the new rules that we have yet to see on a consistent basis...

Yeah, I didn't understand why he was letting the fence grabs go but was definitely surprised he didn't allow Glover more time. Jeicex explained in another thread about this weird rule but it still seemed strange Marc didn't allow more time for Glover.

I stop taking Marc Goddard serious when he was acting strange in that Davey Grant vs Marlon Vera fight. He was yelling at Vera fo no reason in that fight and acting weird.

Goddard was my favorite ref but he screwed big time today imo. He shouldn't let Gustafsson get away with having his fingers extended like that. It ruined the fight. Also that huge eye poke in the first round should have cost Gustafsson one point.

The more you know...

All these years watching fights, and I honestly thought you also got five minutes for eye pokes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back