People Wrecked Jones for running against Rampage. Gus was like Usain Bolt

I don't dig running. I am 100% okay with escape to the center (whether a run or not) and then continuing aggression in a more advantageous position. If Gus was running to the center and then running to the corners and then running to the center and not engaging, that'd be offensive. But he's 6'7 and cannot easily duck and weave to switch to the center. His best out is a dash if they leave the angle open.

Not sure I've ever seen anyone call Gus the GOAT. Higher standards and all that

yeah, I think running as a means to create a little distance & reset and re-engage is fine, running to simply never engage is bullshit, and in reality hardly ever happens.

If you're implying it has something to do with race, don't forget the original Natural Born Runner, Carlos Condit.

He was also tuning Glover up, wining rounds 10-8, dropping Glover and rocking him several times, that might have something to do with it......

you know i was thinking even roy nelson does this back turn run doesnt he

its really not a great tactic, gus had better cage control and movement against blachowicz

i dont think he should have been overly fearful of the clinch and wrestling of texiera

but the exchanges and KO were great

I blame the reebok trainers

Difference is Gus finished his opponent spectacularly and was kicking his ass the whole time where as jones was boring all the way up to his finish

He even ended up poking glover! Gus going all Jones. Just add in coke, roids and kicks to the knees.

Gus wants the fight at distance...he is smart to avoid close fighting...if he has to run away to return to advantage then what is the problem....nothing in his contract say he must conform to his opponents strength....running seemed to work to reset...didnt it?

I'm fine with footwork and lateral movement if you are doing it at a fast pace - I'm even OK with dashing out of range so long as you are facing your opponent. For a good example of this, see Dodson vs Lineker - although he's constantly darting out of range, he's facing his opponent.

Freeze frame Gus, and you can literally see a scene from a street chase. He is in a full stride run, back to his opponent, literally running away from the action.

This would never stand in boxing, and it has no place in MMA. It is timidity and at best skirting the rules. I'm a big fan of Gus, have been for years, search my post history.

What he did was awful, and its bad for the sport if it becomes more commonplace.

he fucking KTFO glover, fuck off

the run and gun tactic only works against fighters with extremely low fight IQ such as nick diaz, rampage, Mike perry, and apparently glover. If you get run n gunned that's all on you. Watch reem vs stipe to see what happens when you try doing it against a smart fighter.

Last edited:
Oh you noticed? And There was a GIF of it within 10 minutes. Any GIF of the marathon Gus ran yet?

He should have been pulled up on it by the reff, turning your back and running should penalised as should his pouring at the eyes for 15 min.

Good win by Gus just not my cup of tea, I will say he showed beautifull combination punching

Back