GLOVER TEX S*** PAY

TMAN29

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
At reported pay of 65k/65k and 10k reebok bonus.... Glover texiera has fought 4 times in 13 months. Winning two, losing two plus two performance of the night bonuses=530k total pay.

I know there is some unreported money there but that's shit pay for him imo. Big, imposing fighter who comes to fight, is #4 LHWT in the world and speaks English. Should be making twice that, why do guys take these crap deals? Look at the beating he took today and didn't even take 150k home......

https://www.google.com/amp/thesport...-fighter-salaries-reebok-attendance-gate/amp/

How is 65k/65 crap pay for someone who is not selling PPV ?

He signed the fucking contract. Is he complaining? No.

bwahhh..MMA fans never side with the fighters... SMH

Glover seems content with his contract , I wish him the best though sucks to lose that way but it's no shame losing to Gustafsson

What?

I don't get it... Fans here complain about the fighters lack of pay and then a fighter complains about their pay and the fans turn on the fighters.

Makes no sense.

<{vega}>

What are you talking about 530k is great pay for him. Not everybody's entitled to be a billionaire

What?

I don't get it... Fans here complain about the fighters lack of pay and then a fighter complains about their pay and the fans turn on the fighters.

Makes no sense.

<{vega}>
I have no problem with the pay for most fighters. I also started watching when guys like Royce had to fight 3 times a night to win $50k. maybe it's just me

Comes to fight every single time.

Is top 5 worldwide.

Is a veteran.

All this doesn't count for shit ? I get the business side we ain't saying pay him millions but 100k really now for main eventing on TV.

UFC takes 80% of the pie... fighters are slaves and they don't have much choice.. if you move the needle a bit then you go into a bush league and try to suck them dry with their Spike money but the core is the UFC and that fucking Reebok deal made their pay checks at least half then what they used to bring in home.

Comes to fight every single time.

Is top 5 worldwide.

Is a veteran.

All this doesn't count for shit ? I get the business side we ain't saying pay him millions but 100k really now for main eventing on TV.

UFC takes 80% of the pie... fighters are slaves and they don't have much choice.. if you move the needle a bit then you go into a bush league and try to suck them dry with their Spike money but the core is the UFC and that fucking Reebok deal made their pay checks at least half then what they used to bring in home.

Who makes them fight and who agreed to the contract? 530k for 4 fights in a year is pretty good pay. I don't no many professions paying that kind of money

Id take an beating for 140k, most americans break their backs to live paycheck to paycheck.

What are you talking about 530k is great pay for him. Not everybody's entitled to be a billionaire

It really isn't should have been 2 mill on top of that 500k if UFC wasn't taking advantage of the fighters in this hardcore mode.

Taxes, trainers, camp, managers, other expenses etc the dude had a bunch of killer fights recently lost brain cells to end with 200k in his hands after 3 fights ? ranked top 5 in the world, main event / co main event etc.

Who makes them fight and who agreed to the contract? 530k for 4 fights in a year is pretty good pay. I don't no many professions paying that kind of money

Because UFC is a monopoly, because you got no damn choice.. just a handful of guys can squeeze the Spike TV money the rest are fighting for scraps so you fucking sign with the UFC and hope for the best.

You don't understand how pro sports work it's huge up front money cause when you turn 35 or 40 etc you are done in reality you only made money 10-15 max 20 years if you are truly lucky in that profession and in fighting probably shit money for the first half it and then just sucked dry by the UFC machine, there is no pension, there is no guaranteed income, there is no certainty.. you make money up front and lose brain cells doing it and then it's over you go and do silly shit nickel and diming for the rest of your life if you even have a normal rest of your life cause chances are you will be drooling and forgetting people by the time you are 55 going on 95.

My strong suspicion is, we get the world we deserve.

Most of these guys are bigger fans of contract law than fights despite knowing nothing about it.
Preach.

How many times I saw in these MMA sites dudes talkin´about contracts, sponsorship $, about who should go to Bellator or not etc.. without even havin´ access to the contracts.

Back