Glover had no time after eye poke

Dukes666

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Found this strange, Marc didn't allow glover 5 minutes to recover

He said to his corner that his eye was fucked and couldn't see anything

I'm sure he'll get asked about this on Twitter or something.

It wouldn't have made a difference though. Glover wasn't going to win. The speed difference was too much & people forget how insane Gus' chin is as well.

It wouldn't have made a difference though. Glover wasn't going to win. The speed difference was too much & people forget how insane Gus' chin is as well.
I'm pretty sure fighting with only one working eye makes pretty big difference

Probably cause Alex's corner kept yelling..."it was a punch,it was a punch". Which I myself thought was the case until i saw the replay.

Probably cause Alex's corner kept yelling..."it was a punch,it was a punch". Which I myself thought was the case until i saw the replay.
I also thought it was a punch on first glance

If I remember correctly, eye pokes do not get the 5 minutes that low blows and other fouls allow for. I think the rules are "at the referee's discretion".

New Jersey allows 5 minutes to recover from an eye poke, but the unified rules don't give that time allotment.

Well that sucked for glover if that's the case

Gus forgot how insane Gus chin is

Ran away as to not even test it

Glover didnt seem like he wanted any more time. He basically told the doctor to F off.

Glover is insanely durable, unless he gets hit by rumble of course. Everything goes out the window then, including teeth!

pretty sure doctors are meant to base calls on whether or not a fighter is blind, not how many times a fighter says "JUST LET ME BANG BRO."

This is a joke of a sport.

the fucking ref was telling the doctor how to be a doctor, it was ridiculous

Glover didnt seem like he wanted any more time. He basically told the doctor to F off.

Glover said he was OK. Didn't anyone else see that? For sure it was an eye poke, but Glover stepped back into the fight, he wasn't forced before he was ready.

AND....what a fight!

Back