Old fighters

GunnerySarge

Eggplant peanut butter sammich
@Yellow
Reaction score
I will start by saying i respect any man that sets foot in a ring/octagon to fight.

Watching Glover this afternoon made me think, aren't coaches able to notice a fighter slowing down and just not having it anymore? Cant they prepare a gameplan around those flaws?

It is not only the smarter thing to do but it preserves the fighters brain. After that first round Glover should have figured out that plodding forward was hurting him and switched tactics.

I would have thrown in that towel by mid round 3. I will also predict that in the near future we will be seeing a volume of fighters suing UFC for brain injuries, like in the NFL.

With that said, I have never fought proffesionally or have ever been a coach so idk.

Glover has always been slow and plodding. Who would you tell the difference?

Hes literally always fought exactly like that. He was always relatively slow. This was amplified by the fact Gus has the fastest hands in the division.

You'd throw in the towel because you don't have constitution to be a fighter

I was in the amateur fight game and I learned something about the coaches in my environment. They don't give a fuck if you're slowing down. As long as you want to keep going and can afford to keep paying them they'll coach you into oblivion and justify it by saying some stupid shit like, "Its in his heart, this is what he loves. Who am I to take away what he loves?" Or something equally nauseating.
I can only imagine how bad it gets on the professional level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back