Gus fought smart

bigpunch

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't know why people are so mad at Gus running. Every time he got in the center of the cage he would land a lot of damaging punches on Glover. Gus landed 1 billion uppercuts. By round 3 I was already worried for the amount of damage Glover was taking.

Great performance by Gus imo.

Good job Gus, beating one-eyed opponent > beating two eyed-opponent
<seedat>

starnes-v-quarry2.gif

i knew people would bitch about that but he was just recentering. It wasn't full blown conduit pussydom

I was impressed with Gustafsson's striking and grappling however his constant wasted motion and energy will cost him in gruelling title fights as it has in the past

Now if Starnes has ended up uppercutting Quarry into oblivion in that fight, you might have a fair comparison.
Starnes won that fight based on the current rules. Quarry wasnt landing any strikes and Starnes was just resetting.

Gus did great. He won the fight, and left the other guy on the canvas.

Like a freaking boss.

Gus looked great, and I'm not a fan or someone who thinks he's the uncrowned champ. I still think he gets beat by Jones, DC and even Retired Rumble.

Starnes won that fight based on the current rules. Quarry wasnt landing any strikes and Starnes was just resetting.

Pgy4Na8aRyBuE.webp

Quarry was looking to engage, Starnes wasn't throwing or landing any strikes. None. Under the current rules Quarry would have still won for pressing the action. Gus threw and landed a ton of strikes and eventually knocked Glover out. How you can even compare the two is baffling.

Again, you're so stupid it hurts.

I was impressed with Gustafsson's striking and grappling however his constant wasted motion and energy will cost him in gruelling title fights as it has in the past

I actually think it's less physically taxing to reset than it is to cage press and grapple.

I actually think it's less physically taxing to reset than it is to cage press and grapple.

He fades in the 5th round in title fights because he wastes so much energy constantly moving around. If he improved his footwork he could finish strong in spite of grappling heavy exchanges.

Gus learned a lot from Jon Jones he has now become the eye poke king in the LHW Division along with fence grabbing to prevent being taken down.

If panic running is a effective strategy in MMA, so he fought smart Lol

Back