Aldo vs Holloway = best featherweight fight of all time?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
If you take Conor out of the pic and pretend conor/Aldo didn't happen, it would be 10 year undefeatedness vs 10 winstreak. Hypee

Its up there but I would put Aldo / Frankie and Aldo / Mendes 2 higher.

Aldo Holloway Countdown show starting right now on FS1.

"If you take Conor out of the pic and pretend Conor/Aldo never happened"

{<jordan}

On paper it has the potential to be for sure. Right now it's Aldo vs Mendes 2 though...obviously...

Aldo/Frankie most thought Frankie beat the LW champ and Gray 1 was his only clear loss before Aldo fights

Also Frankie is a better fighter than Conor or Max

Also is a top 3-5 P4P fighter ever and Frankie isn't far off that himself and is easily top 10 P4P all-time

Last edited:
Conor vs Aldo was the biggest FW fight ever.
Aldo vs Chad 2 was the greatest FW title fight.

If you pretend all the top 15 FWs hadn't been born, Lobov would be top 16 atm

Max seems more like the real champ to me

It's up there, but it's not enough to warrant me paying for the card

I don't like Gadelha and Belfort vs Marquardt on the main card is kind of a joke.. It's worth skipping imo

I'll probably buy the Bellator one instead.. Sonnen, Wanderlei, Lima, Chandler title fights.. If I pick one that's the one I'll get

Even if you take out Conor vs Aldo.

Aldo vs Mendes 2 was huge. NU vs TAM was one of my favorite gym rivalries and they delivered.

If Jose ever wants to regain what he lost to Conor, he needs to start by running thru Max.

A close-ish UD or split decision is basically Jose losing ground. Even a thorough 50-45 would be effectively a wash for him. He needs to start finishing opponents and he needs to do it now, or he may as well walk.

Max seems more like the real champ to me

It's up there, but it's not enough to warrant me paying for the card

I don't like Gadelha and Belfort vs Marquardt on the main card is kind of a joke.. It's worth skipping imo

I'll probably buy the Bellator one instead.. Sonnen, Wanderlei, Lima, Chandler title fights.. If I pick one that's the one I'll get
Lol. I get not liking Belfort vs Marquardt, but you'd go Sonnen vs Silva instead? You getting that Coker money.

Even if you take out Conor vs Aldo.

Aldo vs Mendes 2 was huge. NU vs TAM was one of my favorite gym rivalries and they delivered.

This is true

Bang had Faber, TJ, Chad and JoeB having some of the best sturiking performance of their career

Barao had just gotten murked by TJ, Dantas lost to Warren, and ppl were starting to say NU was done and many thought Chad would get it done and put the nail in the coffin but Also proved he is one of the GOATs. Clawja also lost not long after that and Barao had a mediocre performance VS Mitch

Conor vs Mendes 2 is the best fw title fight but aldo vs conor was way bigger and had waaaaaay more hype.
But they were BOTH Fw title fights. Which would mean that Conor vs aldo was the bigger title fight.

Aldo Connor 2 will be the best FW fight of all time if it ever happens

Back