Anyone else think in octagon proposals are ridiculous?

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
We've seen it happen a number of times now, with the weirdest probably being Bendo completely ignoring the overwhelming boos coming from the crowd after a fairly controversial decision and Nunes proposing to her gf in the stands.

There's always the "good for them" route but it seems fucking weird.

It's like they are backing the person into a corner on live TV and with about a million people watching.

It's actually kind of smart by the person doing the proposal because you're probably going to get a yes, though it will be hilarious to see a person say no.

Anyone else think you're basically backing them into a corner by doing it like that?

I think it's a shit way to propose honestly but fighters probably think that's the most unique way they could do it sadly. I think it's cringey as fuck

Tbf Gus' girlfriend didn't actually say yes.

Its certainly not my favourite thing.

Maybe because I'm not big on marraige, who knows...

You need to know your crowd to pull it off. Bendo was obviously a bit autistic in this regard.

She never said yes, she was just giggling and checking to see where the camera was to make sure it was focused on her. then he jammed that ring on her finger and she just giggled again and he hugged her.

He won though and probably will be getting a big bonus money for that fight so I assume its Yes

You'd do it if you had the chance.

Probably not. Almost certainly not.

It seems weird af all around.

You just beat the Hel out of someone and now you're going to promise everlasting love and marriage to someone?

The whole thing is just cliche and poorly done.

And she said yes.

They confirmed it at the post fight press conference a little bit ago.

Doesn't affect me so I'm fine with it.
If it affected you negatively then maybe you're a bit sensitive.

It's cringey but yo, they're dating a fighter so it comes with the territory.

We've seen it happen a number of times now, with the weirdest probably being Bendo completely ignoring the overwhelming boos coming from the crowd after a fairly controversial decision and Nunes proposing to her gf in the stands.

There's always the "good for them" route but it seems fucking weird.

It's like they are backing the person into a corner on live TV and with about a million people watching.

It's actually kind of smart by the person doing the proposal because you're probably going to get a yes, though it will be hilarious to see a person say no.

Anyone else think you're basically backing them into a corner by doing it like that?

I don't see a problem with it, who are we to judge? Guy devotes his life to fighting & relationship (in what order & magnitude is unknown) so go for it. As to "backing into a corner", gotta be a huge disconnect to "mis-propose", ending with a NO.

Im indifferent. If it makes you feel "cringey", or any other negative emotion, step back and think which of your insecurities is making you feel this way

I just want someone to say no.

At least the crowd cheered this time

Meh...it doesn't bother me at all honestly

She said yes lmao,just not on the mic because Hardy left them alone.

Back