Let's admit Gustafsson's eye pokes...

charalsias

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
are just as bad as Jones's.No wonder those two were so evenly matched!

His palming of Glover's head is Jordanesque!

Last edited:
Fuck he is holding is finger's open.just like Woodman did to mousasi

This has been known for years. People just ignored it because there was a collective rage hard on for Jones.

Also, that was a nice fence grab to set up that TD on the cage just now.

Last edited:
This has been known for years. People just ignored it because there was a collective rage hard on for Jones.

Also, that was a nice fence grab to set up that TD on the fence just now.
Yes he has kinda used every tool to gain an advantage in this fight:running,poking,cage grabbing...

Yes he has kinda used every tool to gain an advantage in this fight:running,poking,cage grabbing...

He's a legitimately talented offensive fighter, and I like watching him work. However, the constant back turning and running is fucking amateurish, and frankly, embarrassing considering the fact that he's one of the best fighters in the sport.

One of these days, he's going to get caught and humiliated doing that shit.

He is an extremely dirty fight just as much so as Jones.

I don't know when the new rules go in place but this holding fingers out hoping for an eyepoke is dumb. Then he runs and grabs the fence.

Gus is equally bad with the eye pokes as Jones. It's fucking dirty as shit. Glad Rumble punished Gus for it. No wonder Jones and Gus cancel each other out. Lol. If they fight again, let's see who lands the first eye poke. Vegas will give even odds on that one.

He's a legitimately talented offensive fighter, and I like watching him work. However, the constant back turning and running is fucking amateurish, and frankly, embarrassing considering the fact that he's one of the best fighters in the sport.

One of these days, he's going to get caught and humiliated doing that shit.
I don't think he would use that strategy against a non knockout artist.Against Jones or DC he wouldn't need to run,wether he would win or lose.

It was bad. And what's worse is that these refs only give a warning, if that. There's no follow through.

There is a difference between being in a crazy exchange trying to get away from the shorter fighter and just throwing a jab out with your fingers. What is with all this nitpicking?

Gustavson is a bitch; always like this is there one fight where he didn't eye poke. Takes away from an otherwhsie great performance, oh and he turns his back runs

They learned from the best - Chuck 'The EyesMan' Lidell

He is an extremely dirty fight just as much so as Jones.

I don't know when the new rules go in place but this holding fingers out hoping for an eyepoke is dumb. Then he runs and grabs the fence.

He's much worse than jones.

I just want to see the rematch between Jones and Gus again.

I could have sworn they were making it a thing for refs to warn fighters about holding their fingers straight out but I guess not. Still seeing a good number of guys doing it.

I don't think he would use that strategy against a non knockout artist.Against Jones or DC he wouldn't need to run,wether he would win or lose.

No, rewatch those fights. He turned his back and ran from both of them several times. That's his go to strategy for coping with pressure and getting trapped against the cage.

Why didnt Godder enforce the rules? wtf? Isnt he suppose keep warning and take a point?

No way as bad.. happens a couple of times max. its a technique for Jon.

Liddell and Jones proved eyepokes are a must for LHW success.

I could have sworn they were making it a thing for refs to warn fighters about holding their fingers straight out but I guess not. Still seeing a good number of guys doing it.

That's part of the "new unified rules," which is only in effect in a handful of jurisdictions in the states. Apparently, the Swedish commission uses some sort of hybrid ruleset for the downed fighter rule, so who fucking knows what their policy on warning fighters for extended fingers is.

Back