What would it take for a Aldo-McGregor rematch?

Kriegsboy

I’m the greatest!
@Yellow
Reaction score
People are getting way too ahead of themselves when saying the rematch should happen.First ,it's not a rubber match,second,Jose got knocked out way to quick.Even if Jose is a very talented fighter,he needs to prove worthy for a rematch.Maybe going up to lightweight and earning a few wins,would earn him that spot.

People are getting way too ahead of themselves when saying the rematch should happen.First ,it's not a rubber match,second,Jose got knocked out way to quick.Even if Jose is a very talented fighter,he needs to prove worthy for a rematch.Maybe going up to lightweight and earning a few wins,would earn him that spot.
giphy.gif

Beat Holloway. Call out Ferguson at 155 for Interim belt. Beat Ferguson. Get a rematch.

People are getting way too ahead of themselves when saying the rematch should happen.First ,it's not a rubber match,second,Jose got knocked out way to quick.Even if Jose is a very talented fighter,he needs to prove worthy for a rematch.
Aldo had won his last 18 fights in a row and hadn't lost in 10 years before the the Conor flash ko. He was a champion who defended his belt many times. If that doesn't earn you a rematch I don't know what does...

It would of been different if Conor had dominated Aldo for a few rounds before finally ko'ing him. But the way it happened screamed rematch..imo

Sadly Conor will never give Aldo his much deserved rematch, and to Conor's credit he took that win and ran with it..

Last edited:
I'd like to see it, but Conor seems more focused on what fight makes him more money - so probably not going to happen.

Aldo had won his last 18 fights in a row and hadn't lost in 10 years before the the Conor flash ko. He was a champion who defended his belt many times. If that doesn't earn you a rematch I don't know what does...

It would of been different if Conor had dominated Aldo for a few rounds before finally ko'ing him. But the way it happened screamed rematch..imo

Sadly Conor will never give Aldo his much deserved rematch, and to Conor's credit he took that win a ran with it..
If you can't give Rockhold a rubber match with Bisping right away,why should Aldo get his rematch?

Conor fights Mayweather. Loses, but does alright. Decides his future isn't in boxing. Comes back to MMA (UFC), bigger than ever, fights Woodley (or whomever is the champ at that division at the time). Wins his third belt, jumps on the octagon with 3 belts. Announces his retirement in the post fight interview and retires as a 3 division champ without having defended any of the belts like a motherfucker. And it would be the best thing ever.

Sadly Conor will never give Aldo his much deserved rematch, and to Conor's credit he took that win a ran with it..

He had no idea on what planet he was "flash ko".
<36>

Im pretty sure if Conor does continue to fight after MayMac, he will do a third Diaz fight.
Aldo has to win against Max and against Tony or Khalebeeb to make a rematch interesting.
Otherwise I don't see it happening any time soon.

Conor owes Aldo nothing so why would he give him the rematch. Maybe if Aldo went up to 155 and won a few first

Aldo is going to have to grow some balls and move up to 155 and earn his shot if not there is always fb/twitter ranting.

First-thing first i do think that Max movement, boxing will be too much for Jose.
Max is not gonna be standing there to take leg kicks (but im rooting for Jose)
BUT IF
Then he has to move up, and challange Tony.
BUT
imo Jose has much bigger chance clipping up Khabib then beating Tony

The only thing that is needed for a McGregor/Aldo rematch is a good psychologist for Conor to help him overcome his phobia about defending belts.

Talks about moving up to lw and earning a shot lol. COnor fanboys can't even see the irony.

Beat Holloway, then remain active and get some wins. Even better, go up to LW and beat a top contender. Risky though

The rematch happens if/when Conor wants it. Also, Aldo wants no part of Tony.

It will never happen at 145. My guess is that the rematch won't happen until Conor losses the 155 belt, has already done the 3rd fight with Nate Diaz and is looking around for next fights that can be hyped. I don't think Conor is in a hurry to fight the best at 155 particularly those who can get the fight to the ground plus Conor has a sizable reach advantage on Aldo, so I could see him fighting Aldo again if the $$$ is right and its at 155. McGregor will never fight at 145 again.

If Aldo fights Conor patiently, chops the lead leg and takes the fight into the later rounds, uses wrestling and BJJ, then he can absolutely win a rematch. If he comes out throwing big punches and leaving himself open, then the same result can easily happen given Conor's counter-punching skills, accuracy, power and reach advantage. Why not take the fight to your strengths and the opponent's weaknesses (cardio and ground)? It's called a game plan...

Back