I don't have a good reason for this

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
But I hope Bellator signs Mousasi, he and the ufc are far apart in negotiations and the entire division has been forced to deal with the limbo that Bisping has put them through. I used to care if fighters got fairly compensated, but now I think most of them are idiots or beta males, but Gegard is cool and keeps it real, he deserves a lucrative deal

1024px-Symbol_OK.svg.png

I hope he goes to Bellator too. I hope more and more talented fighters go over there and switch up the landscape.

They don't pay you what you are worth they go by what you bring in it is simple economics or business. Say Moose the Douche headlines an PPV event against some up and comer so they have to sell the fight on him how many PPV buys is he going to sell? and he is wanting a 10 million dollar contract plus PPV shares lol. After paying the whole card and promotion etc they will be in the hole. Mighty mouse is a great fighter but the guy can not give PPV's away. Then people think this Bellator deal is all that but how many times would he fight a year if healthy ? Maybe once, twice if he is lucky, they don't fight every 3 months over there I don't think and go ahead and lose 1 time over there and you are forgotten. Ask Joe Warren

He should be begging the UFC to sign him. Bellator is where fighters go to die

But I hope Bellator signs Mousasi, he and the ufc are far apart in negotiations and the entire division has been forced to deal with the limbo that Bisping has put them through. I used to care if fighters got fairly compensated, but now I think most of them are idiots or beta males, but Gegard is cool and keeps it real, he deserves a lucrative deal

I wonder how much Mousasi thinks he's worth. I imagine he makes 100K/100K and is looking for 250K - whatever it is, look at the facts:

He lost to Machida, Souza and Hall. He was inconsistent at the start of his time in the UFC and couldn't get a winning streak going. I thought Bisping gave him a good dressing down telling him that after his losses, he whined and moaned about them, instead of trying to build up momentum and climb back up the ladder.

Some of his logic is gormless; blaming it on nationality, calling the Hall loss a fluke and blaming that loss and saying that the UFC told him he played it too safe. If the UFC did say that - and I'd assume they would - what did Mousasi ask them for? Probably a higher ranked/well known opponent. He fought Machida and Souza and lost those fights. It didn't make him a bad fighter over the course of those two fights, but at the time, when he fought high level guys, he lost.

He's on a good win streak now and supposedly they're trying to make him and Rockhold fight. I think if he wins that and wins with a finish, he's at least in there for consideration for a title shot. I think Mousasi gets a little ahead of himself and has a sense of entitlement because he's being around for a long time.

B Im in.gif

Back