This epidemic of afraid champions is frustrating

HOV

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems like almost all of the current UFC champs are ducking fighters for whatever reason and it really is a frustrating situation...Conor McGregor avoiding defending any of his titles, Dj avoiding TJ, Bisping ducking Romero and GDR absolutely refusing to fight Cyborg.
What kind of garbage epidemic is this? Why are these champions running scared of these fighters? I know it's a stupid thing to call professional fighters afraid, but that seems like the case.
Am I the only person who feels this way on Sherdog? I don't believe so....

It seems like almost all of the current UFC champs are ducking fighters for whatever reason and it really is a frustrating situation...Conor McGregor avoiding defending any of his titles, Dj avoiding TJ, Bisping ducking Romero and GDR absolutely refusing to fight Cyborg.
What kind of garbage epidemic is this? Why are these champions running scared of these fighters? I know it's a stupid thing to call professional fighters afraid, but that seems like the case.
b game all time.gif

It's more disgusting that fans on Sherdog approve of this behavior.

giphy.gif

The UFC has no one to blame but themselves.

The UFC has no one to blame but themselves.
Yeah they're really screwing up latley...and all of the good fighters they keep letting go is baffling...Bellator is coming up because of the UFC's greed

The epidemic of dumb threads here about 'ducking' champions is even worse.

The champions are trying to make as much money as possible. Suggesting they're scared is moronic, if they were scared they'd never train or get into the cage. Suggesting Bisping is scared of Romero is a different level of stupid. Bisping fought an unbeaten Rashad, Hendo, Wanderlei, Chael, Rockhold and Anderson but he's scared of Romero, seriously fuck right off, that's nonsense.

Why the fuck should DJ go up in weight to fight TJ just because Cody is injured (or is Cody ducking too)? DJ fought at bantam before so why would he be any more successful now than he was then, it's not like he's grown any taller.

The champions are trying to make as much money as possible.

Why the fuck should DJ go up in weight to fight TJ
Here's the problem with these two statements

1. If DJ were to fight Dillashaw he would be guaranteed more money than fighting Jo B a 3rd time( he's been asking for more money)

2. TJ is willing to go down to HIS weight...not the other way around

BS-Ping´s fans...
Watch yourself, Buddeh! You're talking about the Middleweight Champion of the World here mate!
Undefeated in England
Victorious over MW Goat Anderson Silva
Knocked out Luke Rockhold with one eye and a bum knee, with ease
Long live the Ping!

You forgot GSP ducking Woodley. Can't forget that one in good conscience. Yeah I said it. Bisping is legit hurt and Conor is busy making more money than 10 UFC fights combined.

It's all about money. Problem would be solved if the best fighters aka champs, got the most money for title fights, but the UFC isn't the NFL. Money is generated by PPV's. If you want champions fighting the best in every fight, you need a new business model.

Watch yourself, Buddeh! You're talking about the Middleweight Champion of the World here mate!
Undefeated in England
Victorious over MW Goat Anderson Silva
Knocked out Luke Rockhold with one eye and a bum knee, with ease
Long live the Ping!

WHO ?

B open.gif

The epidemic of dumb threads here about 'ducking' champions is even worse.

The champions are trying to make as much money as possible. Suggesting they're scared is moronic, if they were scared they'd never train or get into the cage. Suggesting Bisping is scared of Romero is a different level of stupid. Bisping fought an unbeaten Rashad, Hendo, Wanderlei, Chael, Rockhold and Anderson but he's scared of Romero, seriously fuck right off, that's nonsense.

Why the fuck should DJ go up in weight to fight TJ just because Cody is injured (or is Cody ducking too)? DJ fought at bantam before so why would he be any more successful now than he was then, it's not like he's grown any taller.

Ok, you clearly don't understand what's going on.

It's the UFC's fault for not paying their champions millions of dollars, at least 2M-15M for title defenses.

the champions aren't stupid enough to take 200k/200k when they know as soon as they lose, they'll be back to getting 50k/50k per fight.

Or maybe the UFC shouldn't announce fights until it has been properly booked? Maybe you shouldn't feel so entitled that the match-up you want be delivered at your behest?

Last edited:
There's plenty of fighting...on Twitter.

Well, that's what happens when people are gifted title shots they arguably didn't earn.

Because when you're champion / headliner you get PPV points.

Fighters are very reluctant to risk that as it's a long climb to the top (usually) if you lose your title unless the division is really weak.

Back