NEW** Stipe: I'd give Anthony Joshua a run for his money. I'd surprise a lot of people

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
New interview this week.

I think its getting to a point where WME is telling the UFC fighters to say this shit. However he did recently KO JDS (who said he would beat Klitshcko with 4 months prep).

He also fought top HW Bryant Jennings in the amateurs and he did not get KO'd.

In an interview on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Miocic (17-2) sized up his chances against Joshua.

“If the fight happens, me against Joshua would be a great fight,” Miocic said. “I think I’d surprise a lot of people, I think it’d be an amazing fight ... let’s do it! He’s a great guy. He’s tough, he’s a champion for a reason. I think I’d give him a run for his money.”

“I do a lot of boxing and I’ve boxed before, working on my boxing I think I’d be fine,” he later added. “He’s a tough guy, he’s the best in the world. But, I’m pretty tough, too.”
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/2...-i-think-id-surprise-a-lot-of-people-ufc-news

Last edited:
"I think you'd be surprised. I think he'd fuck you up."
hqdefault.jpg

MMA fighters should not be calling out boxers. Its a totally different sport.

No need.

The flames will self propagate. That or since boxing is pretty close to MMA anyway, it makes most people wonder, especiallly those successful in MMA thinking about boxing and how they would fare.

They overestimate their abilities.

<36>

Stipe got pieced up by Stefan Struve, granted it was 5 years ago, still he has no business getting into a professional boxing ring let alone taking on someone of Joshua's caliber.

Stipe has his hands full in his division with Cain and Ngannou still, he should focus on that instead of even entertaining this idea.

Lets see all the murican SJW come to stripe defence.

Lol, Miocic would get fucked up by Dillan Whyte, let alone Joshua.

No no you wouldn't. be lucky to last more then 3 rounds.

I get he has to sale him self and UFC and mma to an extant but a little truth and realism wouldn't hurt either.

Being heavyweight I would give him better odds against Joshua than McGregor vs Mayweather, but not likely.

New interview this week.

I think its getting to a point where WME is telling the UFC fighters to say this shit. However he did recently KO JDS (who said he would beat Klitshcko with 4 months prep).

He also fought top HW Bryant Jennings in the amateurs and he did not get KO'd.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/2...-i-think-id-surprise-a-lot-of-people-ufc-news
I watched the Fury/Klitschko "title fight" and was so disgusted with what I had seen heavyweight boxing become that the first thing through my mind was almost any top ten MMA heavyweight would kill either of these two. It was embarrassing and then when Fury won, he was parading around like he was some "bad hombre" and I thought, "this guy has to be on something if he is bragging about that crap performance." Stipe could beat either of those two that I mentioned but I haven't watched the guy he's talking about fight.

finally, time for miocic to lose

<36>

Stipe got pieced up by Stefan Struve, granted it was 5 years ago, still he has no business getting into a professional boxing ring let alone taking on someone of Joshua's caliber.

Stipe has his hands full in his division with Cain and Ngannou still, he should focus on that instead of even entertaining this idea.
Reported

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back