UFC Problem - 9 Out Of Last 10 Big PPV's Were Ronda or Conor

platypus44

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
PPV revenue is a vitally important income stream for the UFC and results thus far this year are disappointing.
Going back to February 2015, it is interesting to note that nine out of the ten PPV's over 500,000 involved either Ronda (184, 199, 193, 207) or Conor (189, 194. 196, 202, 205) - the exception being UFC 200.
Ronda is almost certainly gone and Conor may be gone soon - enjoying his windfall from the Mayweather fight.
Look for the UFC to get very very aggressive promoting the "next big thing" in the hopes of another big draw. But - based on this year's PPV numbers - it looks like the UFC may have been sold "at the top of the market."

And Ronda didn't even need the rentals/interviews to become a superstar

Ronda > Conor for PPVs
Ronda > Conor for Being the bigger star
Ronda <> Conor in both being frauds, one if just clever enough to sit out and avoid fighting so he doesn't rack up the Ls

We have a bit lower tier stars who are making noise. Collectively they could amount to quite a bit.

Mike Perry
Gegard Mousasi
Stipe Miocic
Jon Jones is still here...

Mike Perry even featured on CBS sports.

Here at TMZ, where Jon Jones has also featured in the past:

We have a bit lower tier stars who are making noise. Collectively they could amount to quite a bit.

Mike Perry
Gegard Mousasi
Stipe Miocic
Jon Jones is still here...
Platinum is an up and comer.
I love Gegard but he is nowhere near charismatic enough to be a star.
Stipe? Seems blah... like vanilla pudding.
Jones maybe if he keeps his nose clean (no pun intended)

There may be a lull if Conor leaves. But someone will make some noise and shine through.

#platinumbless

People need exposure on TV, but even in this day and age MMA is a marginal sport lol.

There are hardly any mainstream sports commentators who know anything about MMA let alone the historical context needed to understand it thoroughly to make a stream-of-consciousness dialogue on it when it's needed.

Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless having Jon Jones on air was cringeworthy as hell, so was Colin Cowherd's segment.

The Ferttitas conned WME.

It sure feels like it, but you'd think these people who bid on it didn't become rich by making decisions without research.
If they won or loss can't be determined until 2018 though when we see how much they receive for the TV contract when Fox deal expires. They currently get 150 million a year; they need to get a lot more than that on the upcoming deal.

I'd be worried if I was them, as the NBA deal is playing a large part in bleeding ESPN of their profits. Not sure they will be entering tv free agency at the best time, but time will tell.

duped

Ev91d8S_zpswdmh0dxw.gif
Ev91d8S_zpswdmh0dxw.gif
Ev91d8S_zpswdmh0dxw.gif

stktnslappp.gif

People still think it's a meathead sport lol, and they aren't entirely wrong either.

Sage is goin to be the next star. He needs some time though, he's only 19.

Last edited:
TBH they deserve it for putting all the eggs im just one basket

Platinum is an up and comer.
I love Gegard but he is nowhere near charismatic enough to be a star.
Stipe? Seems blah... like vanilla pudding.
Jones maybe if he keeps his nose clean (no pun intended)

There may be a lull if Conor leaves. But someone will make some noise and shine through.

#platinumbless

Jones is the best bet if he can keep his shit together.

I don't know how Jones has never been a huge draw, guy is a complete mess and a complete talent at the same time.

And Ronda didn't even need the rentals/interviews to become a superstar

Ronda > Conor for PPVs
Ronda > Conor for Being the bigger star
Ronda <> Conor in both being frauds, one if just clever enough to sit out and avoid fighting so he doesn't rack up the Ls
Conor is objectively way higher in PPVs man check the numbers

Back