Why is Gomi still in the UFC????

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Takanori Gomi has gone 4-6 in his last 10 UFC fights and has lost his last 4 fights!!! Why is his ass still in the UFC???

His next fight is on the Signapore UFC fight card

I honestly say he ends his career fighting for GLORY or K-1.

He keeps shitting on his own legacy losing in the cage. I honestly believe he belongs in the ring. If the UFC was in a ring he would prob have a winning record.

Last edited:
Big fan of his Pride fights. But his UFC career pains me. Hope he goes out with a win.

4-10 in his last 10 UFC fights? Hold on...

mth.gif

Not sure that calculates.

Gomi has let me down as a life long JMMA fan. After he gets sent back home, I hope RIZIN feeds him to Kron, a rear naked choke loss is fitting to end his dispapointing career.

wasn't the myles jury fight in japan? Cause that one hurt me the most.
I couldn't quite believe it happened. It hurt more than the Lauzon loss. I love Lauzon so it was bitter sweet but I can't stand Jury

They keep him around for whenever they want to do an event somewhere in Asia.

Well OBVIOUSLY because of the name value, former accomplishments and the (diminishing) possibility of a KO finish. Cmon. Its not THAT hard.

Holly Holm is 0-3 in her last 3 and in a main event.

Some of his UFC fights were really decent, but last 2-3... Damn.

Basically folded the moment the fight went to the ground.

0 resistance. Like some BJJ white belt training MMA once a week...

It honestly looked as if he had stopped trying/training at all.

Takanori Gomi has gone 4-6 in his last 10 UFC fights and has lost his last 4 fights!!! Why is his ass still in the UFC???

He keeps shitting on his own legacy losing in the cage. I honestly believe he belongs in the ring. If the UFC was in a ring he would prob have a winning record.

I didn't know he still was to be honest. The higher ups in the UFC probably don't know he's on the roster either.

all hate.gif

Bigger question is: Why does Josh Burkman have another fight in the UFC booked?

Its idiotic.

I think around the time of UFC 200 he said in an interview he was going to keep fighting in the UFC until they cut him.

Sucks to see him just easily getting TKO'd in the first round now, especially after he hit a bit of a resurgence in the UFC (and that loss to Sanchez)

He got robbed so hard against Diego, the UFC probably counts it as a win making him 4-3 in his last 7

Back