UFC wanting cain next for stipe later this year (rumor)

Just hope he makes it to the octagon. Healthy Cain gives everybody problems.

Already going to call this fake news because its coming from BJPenn.com

Secondly, Cain is done.

Thats stupid. Cain said there was no timetable for his return and he is gonna be a daddy during the fall. Cain is not fighting in 3 or 4 months people.

Doesn't make sense. I'd keep Cain away from the title until he can make it to the octagon at least 2 consecutive times in a 12 month period and even that is very forgiving.

Cain's been fucking up the title picture ever since he took it from Brock.

Makes sense. Cain is the best challenger (that will most likely lose to Stipe) - Ngannou smashes JDS and we got ourselves "the biggest fight of all time"

Ending was sarcasm but at least ufc would have a fight to sell.

The concept of a Velasquez/Miocic match is...alluring. I remember the commentary for the Hunt/Miocic fight where I think it was Kenny Florian saying he was "salivating" at the idea, after seeing Stipe still fresh in the 5th round of that massive beatdown. And it would quiet a few questions should he knock off Cain too and finish "collecting the set" of the previous wave of greats, before he starts in on the rising tide of prospects.

Stipe has said he's visualizing an fall-early winter return for himself, perhaps around November. That might actually sync well with a Cain return, considering the reports of his current relative inactivity because he wants to be extra-careful he isn't rushing recovery this time.

But Stipe wanted time off after his previous fight too, and everything was lined up nicely for engaging with the winner of a Werdum/Velasquez rematch set for the end of last year. And look how that (didn't) turn out.

ExemplaryWellgroomedAmericancreamdraft.gif

Fabricio-Werdum.png

Makes sense. Cain is the best challenger (that will most likely lose to Stipe) - Ngannou smashes JDS and we got ourselves "the biggest fight of all time"

Ending was sarcasm but at least ufc would have a fight to sell.

Pretty sure that's what the UFC is hoping for.

Back