*Serious question about Mayweather over McGregor*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know Mayweather calling himself the greatest boxer ever is as stupid as McGregor calling himself the MMA goat.

But, if Mayweather isn't able to knock out (or at least dominating him as Canelo schooled Chavez Jr.) McGregor after 10 Rds, how tarnished would end his reputation as a top boxer?

I mean, is like Lomashenko being unable to school TJ, or when Masato demolished Kawajiri.

If the fight end to be somehow competitive, it would mean Mayweather is not that good on history rankings?

Or it would just mean Floyd and Conor just took all the PPVs money while faking a fight?

What would it matter??

I think people would chalk it up to Mayweather being old.

Why are you thinking those things about a fucking circus fight that means absolutely nothing?

Yes but Floyd makes an easy 70m (not a 100) and will retire 50-0 so he won't care

But conor will gas by the 5th and Floyd will get the tko by the 9th

Pretty much just a wwe match up here
Fake feud

This "fight" has zero relevance to Mayweather's career. It's over. The only reputation it's going to tarnish is Conor's.

The bets shouldn't be on who will win, the bets should be whether or not Conor is even able to touch him once.

Any all-time greatest boxing conversation would probably include Mayweather in it, so I'm not sure why you claim that it's ridiculous.

People will say may got old and if, or most likely when, mayweather wins the anti-mcgregor crowd will laugh and say haha you got beat by an old man. But if MCG wins people will say big deal he beat a retired old man who was a shell of his former self.

We all know Mayweather calling himself the greatest boxer ever is as stupid as McGregor calling himself the MMA goat.

But, if Mayweather isn't able to knock out (or at least dominating him as Canelo schooled Chavez Jr.) McGregor after 10 Rds, how tarnished would end his reputation as a top boxer?

I mean, is like Lomashenko being unable to school TJ, or when Masato demolished Kawajiri.

If the fight end to be somehow competitive, it would mean Mayweather is not that good on history rankings?

Or it would just mean Floyd and Conor just took all the PPVs money while faking a fight?
Mayweather isn't the greatest or one of the greatest? Are you really saying this?

lmao Mayweather could easily be the
greatest boxer of all times. Only Sugar ray Robinson is ahead in my book. Mcgregor is definitely not the greatest of all time. He is a great, one of a kind fighter but not the greatest. Fedor, Gsp and Jones are way ahead.

Mayweather never TRIES to KO peple is the thing. People sleep on Floyd's power but there is a reason boxers are cautious when attacking him. He isn't a KO artist but he has just enough to drop anyone with a counter.

If he doesn't finish Mcgregor then he can chalk it up to the fact that he is 12 years older than the guy he is fighting. Mayweather's reputation is set in stone. He doesn't have a care in the world

Mayweather = 49-0 against the absolute best competition, and he dominated almost all of his fights.
McGregor = 21-3, all his losses are finishes, met his match in 21-11 Nate Diaz who has never been champ and never will be.

You're an idiot. Mayweather has a strong claim to boxing P4P GOAT while McGregor's best claim is MMA FW GOAT (but he didn't stay around long enough to cement it).

Mayweather never TRIES to KO peple is the thing.

Only true of old man Mayweather.

Floyd should win pretty easily. Connor is gonna get serious money if this fight happens. He doesn't care if people make fun of him. It's his retire early scenario. I wanna say at least he has the balls to fight him...but so would I for even a fraction of the money they are talking about.

Conor was submitted 2 fights ago, and it wasnt the first time.....Floyd is 49-0, GOAT boxer candidate for sure, Conor not so much, he would get schooled and most likely TKO'd at one point.

It would be ridiculous if Mayweather couldn't finish McGregor in 12 rounds of boxing. By the same token, a champion or even top 10 UFC fighter should be able to finish a Boxing champion in MMA. Realistically, this should not be a close fight.

Any all-time greatest boxing conversation would probably include Mayweather in it, so I'm not sure why you claim that it's ridiculous.

It wouldn't really. I mean yes he is the best boxer of this generation but him being in the GOAT conversation is like Cruz or someone being in the MMA GOAT conversation. Sure he's in the top 15 but no one serious really thinks he is the GOAT.

Back