Does Woodley have a cardio problem?

MMAislife69

natural heavyweight
@Orange
Reaction score
Woodley is a short guy with a lot of muscle on his body. Surely this affects his cardio? Against Maia there is no way he could withstand more than one round of getting grapple fucked without gassing. Seems like an obvious weakness for the champ. He did go 5 rounds with wonderboy but that was basically just 5 rounds of two guys circling around the octagon. Neither fighter was very active.

Not if he implements his game. Which is to intimidate the opponent to the point of staring at Woodley being inactive.

Yeah, the only reason he didn't gas in the Wonderboy fights is because for 90% of both of them neither were doing anything.

giphy.gif

Ts has been reported to the mods for an being Evil Racist and an EvilWhitesupremacisttwhodeniestheHolocaust

Woodley is one of the weaker champs at the moment.

Only if he is forced to rely on his wrestling

If you let him just stand and strike with you with no clinch or ground work he can go 5 rounds easy

Little.
But I think Maia's cardio is worse.

Not gonna matter tho

So all black people have poor cardio? That's racist as fuck dude

I think he does. But he is likely to get the finish against Maia.

Woodley is a short guy with a lot of muscle on his body. Surely this affects his cardio? Against Maia there is no way he could withstand more than one round of getting grapple fucked without gassing. Seems like an obvious weakness for the champ. He did go 5 rounds with wonderboy but that was basically just 5 rounds of two guys circling around the octagon. Neither fighter was very active.
I'm all for Maia in this fight believe me, but Tyron has some of the highest TDD in all of UFC, which I know we are talking about a very very world class high leveled blackbelt here in Demian Maia, but only way I see Demain winning is if he can somehow back Tyron up like Rory did against the cage and pressure him and clinch and somehow take his back and backpack him down and get a RNC or get him really really gassed the first couple of rounds and work for some takedowns. as you saw in both Thompson fights, Tyron's weakness is fighting backwards. if Demian can pressure him and avoid the power of Tyron, I think he can somehow backpack him and get a sub. Tyron is just too powerful and way too explosive and that's what leads him to getting gassed out. if I was Maia, I would use a shit ton of feints and back him up to the cage and just clinch him, rip of body shots and just get him tired, then try to take his back and ride him down for a RNC.

Jesus these washed up Woodley race jokes are cringe.

But to answer your question no.

He nearly finished Wonderboy in the 4th round of the 1st fight and nearly finished him in the 5th round of the 2nd fight.

Even in the championship rounds of both fights he didn't any show signs of bad cardio. He looked very tired like any other fighter does in the late rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back