Gus landed more strikes on DCs head than Jones, Barnett, Mir, Bigfoot and Nelson combined.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Those are not the best HWs by any means, even at the time DC fought them, but it still shows that the skill difference between the very elite LHWs (Jones, DC, Gus) vs random ranked HWs might be bigger than (some) fans realize.

Gus should fight at HW. I think he would have some success.

Those are not the best HWs by any means, even at the time DC fought them, but it still shows that the skill difference between the very elite LHWs (Jones, DC, Gus) vs random ranked HWs might be bigger than (some) fans realize.
Yea

A guy like Stipe would get DC out of there quickly

So Gus, Jones And DC almost kill themselves cutting huge amounts of weight to fight the much tougher guys at LHW?

Gustafsson is such a talent. Not sure what he's been up to the last few years but he could easily be champ

Gus is a beast no doubt about that. Only :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in his armor seems to be the inability to adapt to shit mid fight.

I mean D.C. basically defeated him on these stupid uplercuts he was landing in the clinch over and over again and I have no idea why was the swede so inclined to stay and eat them instead of disengage.

And JJ pretty much defeated him because he was landing over bad over his kicks anywhere on Gus as if the latter had never heard of kickboxing and defending kicks in his life. And it is not like JJ has the kicks of Wonderboy, AS or Barboza mind you

gushead.png

I'm a big fan of Gus, but I don't know if he's ever going to make the changes he needs to get over that final hurdle. He's had two title shots and arguably won the title in both of them, but he just seems to choke.

Gus is a beast no doubt about that. Only :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in his armor seems to be the inability to adapt to shit mid fight.

I mean D.C. basically defeated him on these stupid uplercuts he was landing in the clinch over and over again and I have no idea why was the swede so inclined to stay and eat them instead of disengage.

And JJ pretty much defeated him because he was landing over bad over his kicks anywhere on Gus as if the latter had never heard of kickboxing and defending kicks in his life. And it is not like JJ has the kicks of Wonderboy, AS or Barboza mind you

I fucking loved dc vs gus but i do have a hard time imagining jon Jones eating 5 uppercuts in a row, i dunno if he was rocked into some kind of zombie state or what

He is by far the best striker of the bunch, so that's not all that shocking to be honest.

Back