Changes you would make to the UFC wmma

Pierced7681

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
let's say you were in WME's shoes and you were in charge of the UFC, what changes would you make?

Note, anything to do with athletic commission rules don't apply so no making knees to the head allowed or changing how fights are scored.

1. Buyout invicta completely and rebrand it as UFC: Invicta. Move all wmma fights onto those cards only, like how Pride: Bushido was mainly for lighter weight fighters. This will open up space on regular UFC cards for more male fighters and will give the women a chance to show their worth and compete for ratings.

2. Cut ties with reebok and bring back fighter sponsorships. No brainer, really. UFC should still be able to take a small percent from allowing the sponsors, so that they can make sure no hoelzer reich bs ends up in the octagon again.

3. hold a once a year tournament in stages like the strikeforce heavyweight Grand Prix. Winner gets immediate title shot at division champ.

4. Put Big Tim, frank shamrock and tank Abbott in the hall of fame.

5. Buy Heath herring a Ferrari.

In before people say get rid of it.

- cut bethe correa and angela magana
- ship the rest to Invicta

Fuck I didn't realize the thread title had wmma in it hahahaha

This isn't going to end well

Replace current uniforms with thongs

Mud, oil, & whipped cream. Really big gloves and shiny shorts.

I'd cut it to 2 divisions and get rid of whatever the hell the women's featherweight division is and I wouldn't feature their fights on pay per view cards. I would have their title fights be on or headline the free cards on fox or fs1 or the prelims of the big pay per views. I wouldn't put the hype or attention into it that Ronda Rousey got either, I think the women's divisions are still kind of new and need more time to grow and get deeper and more competitive and more time to grow on fans too without the ridiculous hype.

In before people say get rid of it.

Are we playing Taboo? Yay!

- Discard it
- Dispose of it
- Can it
- Do away with it
- Dump it
- Eradicate it
- Stahp it

I don't think they need to move all women's fights. I like the idea of bringing in more invicta especially needing 125 and 145 fighters. They have them on fight pass already, why not give them the ufc brand and try and push them. Love the tournament idea not even just women but all divisions.

Move it out of the UFC and spend the money they use towards female fighters, growing the LHW and HW divisions

Cut it to two divisions (WBW and WSW) and cut a lot of the roster. Go out, market the hell out of WMMA, and find female college/HS wrestlers, Olympic wrestlers, and other athletes would could possibly transition well.

The UFC tried to make a sponsorship model that actually works for the majority of fighters and the UFC

reebok was supposed to be just one of 5-6 "reeboks" aka compelled sponsors that sponsor every fighter and pay the UFC to get in.

But the reebok one went so bad and they got so much negative publicity that nobody else signed up for it

Most fighters lost like 80% of their sponsorship money but ideally there would have been 6x as many sponsors paying what reebok pay

the old model was WAY better than the current reebok one but the plan was better than both. They should've waited until they had at least 3-4 signed up

Not only get rid of it, but destroy all the evidence of it's existence.

Except for Ronda vs Holm. That can stay.

So the mens FLW's and BW's are constantly ridiculed for not being draws, and we have to come up for reasons for the WMMA divisions to stay?

I think Ronda is as appealing as a bag of rocks, but somehow she sold PPV's. Without Ronda, WMMA is bleak and JJ isn't going to be the one to replace her in the mainstream media. I think DW is officially waiting for the yay or nay on Ronda's return, and if she's gone for good, I can see WMMA getting phased out or moved to Invicta if they can figure out a way to make it profitable.

The UFC has only ever had 1 women's title fight as a PPV main event that didn't have Rousey in it, and that was Tate/Nunes at UFC 200, so it had the benefit of being on a stacked card with Lesnar on it. JJ has always had other strong title fights on her cards and has never headlined a PPV event.

#1 - BAN it from the ufc
If we cant do #1 then go to #2
#2 - Keep it on the prelims
If we cant do #2 then go to #3
#3 - Get some actual hot fighters and teach them to fake fight which what wmma pretty much is.

Enhance the WMMA fighters bodies, making them cyborgs with sawblade arms and stuff. Making them fight in the yamma pit. Make it so it starts raining poisonous snakes 10 minutes in the no time limit fights. Would try to get a witch to fight, hoping for real magic to happen.

No but seriously I would move the whole female roster to Invicta. The Superb awesome product would sell so well on PPV by itself.

Not only get rid of it, but destroy all the evidence of it's existence.

Except for Ronda vs Holm. That can stay.
Do you not like good fights? Wouldn't getting rid of the crap female fighters and keeping the good ones make more sense? A lot of people are hyped when Joanna fights and for Nunes-Shevchenko for good reason.

Change fighter uniform to thong biniki (mandatory) and skimpy swimsuit like top. No kicks or punches except for weak upper cuts to the stomach. Lots of yelling, pointing, hair grabbing and dancing.

Back