GSP explains why his fight with Bisping has kept being delayed.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Now St-Pierre has finally revealed the reason for his long delay to return to the UFC after signing with the promotion several months ago.

“Trust me, I’m not the kind of guy who thinks, ‘Hey, I’m going to make everybody wait for me. I don’t want to fight during the summer, I want to take my time. That’s not the reason. If it were up to me, I would come back. The reason is I had a problem with my eye. I had an injury,” St-Pierre said at the C2 conference in Montreal this week as first reported by MMAFighting.

“My vision has not been back yet. It will be back. It’s something very minor. The doctor insisted for me that I don’t spar until September.”

Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
Here’s where things get interesting.

St-Pierre says the UFC knew about his eye injury when the press conference was announced in March yet the promotion insisted on pushing for the fight in July despite his injury pushing his return back until after the summer.

“UFC knew. Everyone knew. The people concerned knew that that was the case, but they still tried to put pressure on me to fight in July,” St-Pierre explained. “That’s the reason why I’m coming out public today about the reason why I’m not fighting this summer.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...elay-in-his-return-to-the-ufc-052617?amp=true

GSP is full of excuses, he's been out for I don't remember how many years and still finding excuses. Very unprofessional and I'm a fan of his.

GSP is full of excuses, he's been out for I don't remember how many years and still finding excuses. Very unprofessional and I'm a fan of his.

How do you know it's an excuse? Are you his doctor?

How do you know it's an excuse? Are you his doctor?
Great username/avatar and everything.
Too bad that I have the yellows.
Uptheirons! - I can't even like your great post

Then why the fuck did you agree to fight Bisping GSP if you couldnt fight him till october or november, oh thats right cause you would be to chicken to become mw champion and fight the likes of Yoel, Mousasi, Rockhold and Whittaker. Fighter who are deserving of being MW champions unlike Bisping.

WME hurting so bad for PPVs they're willing to put a blind guy in the main event

Then why the fuck did you agree to fight Bisping GSP if you couldnt fight him till october or november, oh thats right cause you would be to chicken to become mw champion and fight the likes of Yoel, Mousasi, Rockhold and Whittaker. Fighter who are deserving of being MW champions unlike Bisping.

Your reading comprehension is poor.

Do you really need both eyes Georges ? it's freaking Bisping as long as you don't go full Luke you should be fine.

50-45 GSP

I find that weird that he didn't come out with that earlier!?
Come on GSP. I miss the time when you was taking #1 contender after #1 contender without even a drop of drama.
This thing could be true, but is whole situation look very compkicate right now. (sorry for my poor english)

The UFC likely didn't think there was going to be such a backlash from both UFC MW fighters and fans hearing the fight was getting pushed to the fall.

Figured they could either pressure GSP to fight at the end of the summer or wouldn't get a backlash if GSP and/or Bisping said they were injured and couldn't fight right away.

They've been trying to generate buzz with GSP's return, but didn't expect GSP to go public saying the UFC knew all along he wouldn't be fighting this summer.

Its because his hgh gut is obscene and bisping wont fight anyone else

I have a really hard time believing that Dana knew about the eye injury but still pushed for the July date and misled the public. That is so out of character.

<36>

Last edited:
Your reading comprehension is poor.

They never even had a fixed that to fight, thats how stupid it was to make this fight without a date and make a huge big deal about it with a conference about it. If GSP knew he wouldnt have been ready to fight in june or july then he shouldnt have even taken the fight. Yet he was dealing with all these issues he claims and he still took it cause he knew if one of the other mw's were to defeat Bisping he wouldnt have a chance to become the mw champ.

What is it you dont understand about the situation.

Bisping=easy fight for gsp

Why he agreed to do a press conference saying that the fight would be in july?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back