Roy ‘Big Country’ Nelson Signs Multi-fight Contract With Bellator.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Bellator have made another big signing today as they add yet another UFC veteran to their Heavyweight roster. Roy Nelson who holds a record of 22 wins 14 losses has signed an exclusive multi-fight contract with the promotion, the news was originally broken by MMA Fighting with the promotion expected to officially announce the news soon. Nelson’s UFC contract came to an end following his unanimous decision loss to Alexander Volkov at UFC on Fox 24 last month.

http://www.mmalatestnews.com/roy-big-country-nelson-signs-multi-fight-contract-bellator-mma/

UFC is in a lot of trouble. They aren't going to have any names to build up new names.

Nelson was a roll I remember like it was yesterday he took the Miocic fight short notice and could've won that fight had he been more prepared but Nelson didn't view Miocic as a threat at the time.

I hop "big" signing was a fat joke, cause the guy's 3-7 in the last 5 years and is 40 years old. How is signing all these guys who've been getting the shit kicked out them a sign of taking over the UFC?

Well, he is done, so obviously he is heading to Bellator. I wonder why some people request a senior MMA org when there's already one.

Dude will be making some money and knock some fools left and right. Bellator HW division is nothing special.

I hop "big" signing was a fat joke, cause the guy's 3-7 in the last 5 years and is 40 years old. How is signing all these guys who've been getting the shit kicked out them a sign of taking over the UFC?

Big name for Bellator.

I love the people who put down every new signing Bellator does. They don't understand that Bellator keeps improving more and more.

Viacom has money to spend and the UFC doesn't (Despite the UFC having the more talented roster)

Roy Nelson vs. Rampage at HW. Calling it now. Will watch.

people say bellator sucks cause most of the guys are unproven but you had eddie alvarez ben askren and lombard all were there at same time

I love the people who put down every new signing Bellator does. They don't understand that Bellator keeps improving more and more.

Viacom has money to spend and the UFC doesn't (Despite the UFC having the more talented roster)
UFC is still the main league despite the ridiculous Reebok deal. I really expected way more fighters leaving.

Bellator still has a heavyweight division?

UFC is still the main league despite the ridiculous Reebok deal. I really expected way more fighters leaving.
I mean, there are still fighters actively leaving and I would expect more to leave in the future

Kongo is pretty much the Bellator HW GOAT not named Minakov and Roy KO'ed him in the first. Great chance for Roy to become "The HW champion of the world"

<DirkMavs>

Roy Nelson can still crack and has a big name, he could have a few good ko's over there. Good signing imo

Back