Jessica Andrade explains why she called out Angela Magana.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"Cris is a big friend of mine and I respect her a lot, and I saw everything that on Twitter, (Magana) disrespecting Cris,” Andrade said. "I think you have to respect every fighter. She was acting like a clown. Cris visited a hospital for people who are battling cancer, something everybody should respect, and she’s making fun of it. That’s ugly."

"It’s easy to make fun of people who are in different weight classes because you know you can’t fight them,” she continued. "I want to see her do it to me. She likes to get attention talking trash, so talk trash to me and back it up inside the Octagon."

Andrade is currently ranked at No. 4 in the official UFC ranking, but wouldn’t mind facing the unranked Magana.

"I want to fight her only because of respect,” Andrade said. "She won’t do any difference for me in my career. She only loses, and hasn’t fought in two years. It won’t make any difference in my career. I want to fight her for respect. I want to see her talking trash someone in her weight class.”

Magana also attacked Andrade on social media after being called out by the Brazilian.

"She just talks,” Andrade said. "Let’s see if she actually does something. It’s easy to talk, but it’s hard to actually do something. She can say anything she wants, as long as she takes the fight."

Andrade said her manager Tiago Okamura has already reached out to the UFC asking for a fight with “Your Majesty", but hasn’t heard back yet. If they actually meet inside the Octagon, “Bate Estaca” predicts a rough night for the Magana.

"It’s not a tough fight,” Andrade said. "I can knock her out, I can submit her. I’ll win this fight by knockout and tell her inside the Octagon to be humble and respect people."

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform...ion-to-call-out-angela-magana-ufc-cris-cyborg

Nice I would love to see Magana get smashed
<{JustBleed}>

She's right it wouldn't do anything for her career.
But she's also taking zero risk on taking a "grudge match" here.

"Cris is a big friend of mine and I respect her a lot, and I saw everything that on Twitter, (Magana) disrespecting Cris,” Andrade said. "I think you have to respect every fighter. She was acting like a clown. Cris visited a hospital for people who are battling cancer, something everybody should respect, and she’s making fun of it. That’s ugly."

"It’s easy to make fun of people who are in different weight classes because you know you can’t fight them,” she continued. "I want to see her do it to me. She likes to get attention talking trash, so talk trash to me and back it up inside the Octagon."

Andrade is currently ranked at No. 4 in the official UFC ranking, but wouldn’t mind facing the unranked Magana.

"I want to fight her only because of respect,” Andrade said. "She won’t do any difference for me in my career. She only loses, and hasn’t fought in two years. It won’t make any difference in my career. I want to fight her for respect. I want to see her talking trash someone in her weight class.”

Magana also attacked Andrade on social media after being called out by the Brazilian.

"She just talks,” Andrade said. "Let’s see if she actually does something. It’s easy to talk, but it’s hard to actually do something. She can say anything she wants, as long as she takes the fight."

Andrade said her manager Tiago Okamura has already reached out to the UFC asking for a fight with “Your Majesty", but hasn’t heard back yet. If they actually meet inside the Octagon, “Bate Estaca” predicts a rough night for the Magana.

"It’s not a tough fight,” Andrade said. "I can knock her out, I can submit her. I’ll win this fight by knockout and tell her inside the Octagon to be humble and respect people."

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform...ion-to-call-out-angela-magana-ufc-cris-cyborg

Ugh...

When a fighter calls out other fighter in the cage to settle the personal issues with the opponent - it hurts the legitimacy of a sport/matchmaking.

Especially with the ranking/skill/everything difference between Andrade and Magana

Oh please. It's a zero risk fight for a perfect bounce back after a bad loss. Just be honest about it.

Ugh...

When a fighter calls out other fighter in the cage to settle the personal issues with the opponent - it hurts the legitimacy of a sport/matchmaking.

Especially with the ranking/skill/everything difference between Andrade and Magana
I honestly think Andrade could take a fight with Magana and have a relatively quick turn-around to fight a more legitimate opponent. That's how confident in the skill disparity I am. Plus it doesn't look bad on Andrade having a dominate victory after a loss.

Andrade really just wants an easy paycheck. I'm not fooled.

I honestly think Andrade could take a fight with Magana and have a relatively quick turn-around to fight a more legitimate opponent. That's how confident in the skill disparity I am. Plus it doesn't look bad on Andrade having a dominate victory after a loss.

It will look AWFUL. She will be like -1000 for that fight.
She will waste her time for months of training for this fight, will hurt her body by weight cuts for granted.

Worst case scenario - she gets a freak injury in the cage and loses. Cannot happen? Sure it can.

Make magana wear a gstring In that fight and I'll pay to watch!

It will look AWFUL. She will be like -1000 for that fight.
She will waste her time for months of training for this fight, will hurt her body by weight cuts for granted.

Worst case scenario - she gets a freak injury in the cage and loses. Cannot happen? Sure it can.
I mean I guess. But she also could do all that for a legitimate opponent and lose. Plus I'm not sure, but who else in the top 5 or 10 could she fight that hasn't already been matched up at this point?

Ugh...

I agree tho rankings haven't meant shit in the UFC for quite some time.

What's with cyborg and "respect"?

Where is the respect when you abuse hormones so much you start looking like the opposite sex? Where is the respect when you beat up on 125ers? or the respect when you claim your bikini weighs 6 pounds and try to alter a scale?

Reminds me of AS. Bowing to your face, talking about respect, but then acts like a classless clown in the ring.

Chael is spot on about this, this is a fist fight in a cage, what respect are you talking about.

That sure was a lot of talking to say magana is a cunt

Andrade talking about respect, but I remember when she was dissing Reneau's BJJ Brown Belt because she wasn't Brazilian, then she got tapped.

Magana already said she wouldn't fight Andrade (in some podcast or something). she wants to fight someone unranked next.

I wonder if any other unranked fighter in any division of the UFC would turn down a chance at the #4 of the division. Unless it's a special case like Nick Diaz, I honestly don't see it happening. Lobov was happy to make 5 rounds against Cub fucking Swanson. That's how a professional reacts. Easy payday and a chance to become relevant in the division.

magana was the only one talking about victim this, victim that. She doesn't want andrade, she was going for a pay day against pvz. Another thing she will fail at in life. feel bad for her kinda

Back