If Cormier beats Jones he is the GOAT in the 205 division

MMAislife69

natural heavyweight
@Orange
Reaction score
He's been much better than everyone he's fought other than Jones. Look at how he dismantled Rumble with ease and Rumble is no joke. Nobody can beat him.

Jones' previous victory now has a lot of question marks over it because of his positive test. Only the most biased fans could deny this. If DC beats Jones he is the GOAT. And he could probably beat Stipe too.

Cormier is the man.

But this is a moot point. He ain't beating Jones...

Even if he beats Jones, he'll still be #2 all time LHW.

Fact is, he still lost to Jones the first time and Cormier's body of work as a champion isn't that hot.

1. Split dec over Gus = meh. Gus didn't even win his last fight, he got brutally KO'd by Rumble

2. Rumble 2x

Annnnnnd that's it.

He has to beat Jones twice basically to take GOAT position

Even if he beats Jones, he'll still be #2 all time LHW.

Fact is, he still lost to Jones the first time and Cormier's body of work as a champion isn't that hot.

1. Split dec over Gus = meh. Gus didn't even win his last fight, he got brutally KO'd by Rumble

2. Rumble 2x

Annnnnnd that's it.

He has to beat Jones twice basically to take GOAT position

Cormier has fought the #1 contender in everyone of his title defenses, so you posting it as a negative doesn't make much sense.

giphy.gif

Its just sad that even if he manages to beat Jones people will for sure claim that it was all because Jones was no longer as good as he once was.

Cormier has fought the #1 contender in everyone of his title defenses, so you posting it as a negative doesn't make much sense.

Beating Gustaffson after Gus had just been KO'd isn't an accomplishment. Beating Rumble twice is an accomplishment. Stalling with your grappling against a short notice and undersized Anderson Silva is not an accomplishment.

This one time, at weigh ins, DC stuck a towel in his pussy.

So don't give me that with Jones' questionable wins.

Maybe. We still don't have a very clear sense of what clean Jones is like; beating him might be a great achievement or it might not.

Beating Gustaffson after Gus had just been KO'd isn't an accomplishment. Beating Rumble twice is an accomplishment. Stalling with your grappling against a short notice and undersized Anderson Silva is not an accomplishment.
Beating Gus and Anderson was a bigger accomplishment than Rumble. Rumble quit, twice. Then wrapped the belt around his waist. The second fight was one of the most embarrasing performances by a UFC fighter in a title fight in UFC history. Then he left the sport to go sell weed. Wins against a frightened, scared Rumble don't mean anything. He tried to outwrestle Cormier ffs.

Yes. Absolutely. Zero argument against it.

Bones felt he needed juice prior to the rematch. DC keeps missing clean.

This is, of course, a big IF.

I feel I need to see 2 wins over Jones before I say he's the best ever. 1 win and I still give the nod to Jones.

Cormier has fought the #1 contender in everyone of his title defenses

Lmfao, Gus was the #1 contender when he'd just been KO'd in 2 minutes in his last fight???

The #1 contender was Bader. As weird as that is to write.

Back